Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Lump On Outside of Sphincter

Hi, i'm an 18 year old male and I noticed something very disturbing yesterday. After I did #2, I felt some pain in my anus area.

At first I thought that it was because I usually have large stool that ends up blocking the toilet, until it kept on hurting for the next 6 hours.

When I took a shower I felt down there and discovered an elliptical lump about the size of a small grape protruding from my anus/sphincter. It hurts to touch, which i'll assume is because there are quite a few nerves and membranes down there. The lump didn't appear to be very solid, though when I woke up today I checked and it has gotten more fleshy and hard. Are there any suggestions as to what this might be? (i also noticed that for the past month i've been feeling extemely tired when I have had plenty of sleep...)
i have never had any problems like this in the past, nor do I have a family history of colon cancer or any other kind of diseases. Unfortunately

i also don't have a family doctor here since I moved to ottawa last month for university, so if it comes down to it, do I just walk into emerg and tell the triage nurse? (i've never been to the hospital by myself, since the last time I went was about 5 y.A).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2008
colas bumps
Shocked

dude not to sound gross or anything but after i used the restroom today i jus realized that i have a soft bump on my colan...like a blister tipe thing its sorta soft but not...im scared to go to the doc about it but i figured ide ask on here to c if i could get any advice on it...did you ever fid out wit yours was?? ide like you to keep in mind that i am 19 and i am a straight male . Pm me. thanks man...title the subject as my name so i know wut its about...my name is chriss
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....