Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

*~*a 'lil Concerned...*~* (Page 1)

Guys I turn 34 weeks today..

Only a week away from when I had .Jacob.

What if I go into pre-term labor?

What do contractions feel like? I mean, is it so uncomfortable that im gunna be hunched over in pain, or is it tolerable until I can get to the hospital and be sedated?

I just dont really want to experience any of that. I was stoked that I had a c-section with .Jacob. I didnt have to deal with any of the pain. (i dont have a very high tolerance for it..)

just wondering.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My contractions weren't anything major until I hit transition. They felt like bad gas pains, or like menstrual cramps. Definitely uncomfortable, but you won't be screaming or anything. Unless you live out in the boonies somewhere and the hospital is like a three hour drive, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure .Caty will be a good girl and stay put long enough for you to get the good stuff. Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hun I was in the same boat as you are. I didn't want to go into labor at all but .Melia wasn't having it. She wanted out!!! I was having contractions from friday till monday morning. I didnt' really realize that I was in labor. I was having back pain. When I woke up on that monday I started to have really bad contractions that were about 5 mins apart and then once I started driving to my mom and dad's house I couldn't hardly stand the pain. It was awful. If you don't wait like I did you will be ok. If you think you are in labor you probibly are. Just call your doc.
|

Especially eHealthy
Yeah...

I've a hada sporadic weird achy-ness in the middle of my back since yesterday. I had sharp pains in my lower stomach a couple days ago, but they went away. Im sure its nothing... Im just a worry wart, which I cant help after everything I went thru with .Jacob.

I just cant wait for .Caty to get here. I know this sounds horrible but im sick of being pregnant! Lol
|

Especially eHealthy
When you had jacob at 35 weeks were you able to bring him home right away? I'm starting to get nervous about labor too and the other night I thought it was happening as I had contractions for like 6 hours. I just want him to stay in until at least 37 weeks, which is only a week and a half away. Yikes!

I don't think it sounds horrible to be sick of being pregnant. I am so done! I can't wait until I can breathe again, or get off the couch without feeling like a cow, or being able to roll over in bed like a normal person! I'll be honest, while I love knowing there's a little person growing inside me and I love feeling his movements (except the hiccups, I can't stand those), I really hate being pregnant. I guess it's just not for everyone. We want 4 kids though so I know i'm going to have to go through this a few more times. Maybe it gets better?
|

Especially eHealthy
Its actually starting to become routine lol. I hate how it hurts how to walk.. Everytime I get out of the car or get up from sitting down I like, waddle like an old woman. Its so irritating.

When .Jacob was born, he was in the .N.I.C.U for 5 days sicne he had jaundice then the last couple days he wasnt eating as much as they wanted him to so they kept him for observation. But 2 days after I was released he was. I was getting sooooooooo pissed when they kept saying, *oh we gotta keep him another day.* I started getting rude with people at the hospital. I wanted my baby boy home .N.O.W not 2 days from now.

Now if they wouldnt mind, i'd get the .N.I.C.U to babysit for a little bit so I can take a nap..
|

Extremely eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:

im sure its nothing... Im just a worry wart, which I cant help after everything I went thru with .Jacob.

believe me I know how you feel. I was the same way. I worried about every little thing. It seemed like I was calling my doc for every little thing other than when I was acctually in labor. I just didnt' realize that it was labor because it was really odd and just seemed like my back was hurting and there wasn't any consistancy to it. You know? But I am glad that my pregnancy went well and that the delivery was good too. I can wipe my brow and say phew!!!! I am glad its over. (i know that i'll want to go thru it again.)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It was so hard for me at the end of my pregnancy. We have a waterbed, and it was torture getting up at night to pee, having to climb over that lip. Of course, it was worse after I had .Aly when I had over 20 stitches downstairs. I would wake up at night convinced she wasn't breathing, and would half-kill myself trying to get out of bed to check on her. My poor bits!
|

Especially eHealthy
Yeah... Caty is the end... Ive already signed the papers to get my tubes tied.. I cant go thru this again.
|

Extremely eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
yeah... Caty is the end... Ive already signed the papers to get my tubes tied.. I cant go thru this again.

i dont' know if I can go thru it agian....But if I ever get married again and he wants kids I think that I might do it. We shall see when we get that far.

Laura, I have a king size bed that is raised off the floor quite a bit so it was really hard for me to get in and out of it and then once I had the stitches from the section it was horrid.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Oh lord, I can imagine, .Gen! My husband drives a jeep, and it was sheer .H.E.L.L climbing up into that monster. And he has leather seats, which isn't fun in 100 degree .Louisiana heat.

Do they use dissolvable stitches with c-sections too? Or do you have to get those removed?
|

Extremely eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
oh lord, I can imagine, .Gen! My husband drives a jeep, and it was sheer .H.E.L.L climbing up into that monster. And he has leather seats, which isn't fun in 100 degree .Louisiana heat.

Do they use dissolvable stitches with c-sections too? Or do you have to get those removed?

yeah but they also used staples until I got out of the hospital
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
*shudder*

i don't suppose the staples dissolved...? Sad

i don't even want to think about them removing the staples. I think I would pass out.
|

Extremely eHealthy
It didn't really hurt. Most of them didnt' hurt anyway...The ones on the sides hurt more than the ones in the middle. I really dont' know why but it just felt like a little pinch. It wasn't that bad.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
my contractions weren't anything major until I hit transition. They felt like bad gas pains, or like menstrual cramps. Definitely uncomfortable, but you won't be screaming or anything. Unless you live out in the boonies somewhere and the hospital is like a three hour drive, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure .Caty will be a good girl and stay put long enough for you to get the good stuff. Wink

well, youre lucky. I was definitley screaming, and crying.
|

Especially eHealthy
You would have never known I was in labor. I moaned a little bit...But that was it.

The nurse staff was amazed that I was so young and having a baby completely drug free and not making much noise.

Now when the head came out, at the eand of each push I would give a loud grunt....But that was my body, my mind had nothing to do with it!!

It was sooo much fun!! The pain waas like a huge adrenaline rush.

Sarah
|

User Profile
Supporter
I had staples with .Brian and stitches with .Jordan. I think I prefer the staples!

I'm sure everything will be ok with your little princess .Sandra Wink
|

replied September 30th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I had staples with jacob... The first two hurt really bad coming out because the nurse was using a weak whatever to remove them... Then my ob came in and handed her a pair that im assuming were what she was supposed to be using and I barely felt them come out.. Barely even a pinch. Hurt less than a shot. I guess whatever kinda tool it was un-bent the staples first .T.H.E.N pulled it out. I think the first pair they used didnt unbend them enough and they tugged the skin. **ow**
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2006
Supporter
That sucks .Sandra!!!

The nurse knew I was so intent on saving every last thing of my pregnancy, delivery and everything afterwards that she gave me the staples and staple thingy ma-jiggy remover lol. I'm weird, I know :p
|

replied October 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:
that sucks .Sandra!!!

The nurse knew I was so intent on saving every last thing of my pregnancy, delivery and everything afterwards that she gave me the staples and staple thingy ma-jiggy remover lol. I'm weird, I know :p

no lol I totally understand... If I would have known I could ask for that I would have lol.

I even have the skin that fell off jacobs belly button **gross I know** and the clip it was in.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...