Thank goodness I can ask this question.. I have had a lump in my scrotum since I was like 13... It has always been there... But it now sometmes causes not pain.. But I feel it.. Its not pain.. I cant describe it.. Its on the right side of scrotum near my testicle... But its not on it... It can move wherever... What is this???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Actually.. Now that I noticed... It in fact is attached to my testicle... But I dont think its cancer cuz I dont have tenderness in chest area.. Swelling or any other symptom.. All I have is a uncomfort feeling.. And this lump...

Some please help... Im about to have a nervous breakdown over this
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Im gonna describe it more theorly

my right testicle... Feels liek theres a chord connecting to this lump... But the lump moves around the whole testicle but I can move it out of the way if that makes sence... Occasional pains down there and thats about it ... Like I said... No swelling, tenderness in chest, no back pain or anything... Will someone please tell me what this maybe... I would like to kno before I go to the doctor.

Also when I press on the lump... It gives me a wierd feeling in my stomach.
|

replied October 14th, 2006
Maybe it is spermatocele, a lump that occurs on epididymis, a tube attached to the testicles. Spermatocele is a small cyst that contains dead sperm cells and some kind of milky fluid. It is harmless but may cause discomfort if it grows big.
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2006
Community Volunteer
kia_breizzze wrote:

ok! Here goes - questions on a postcard please.

scrotum - this sac hangs outside the body and holds the testicles and epididymis. The scrotum automatically tightens up to keep the testicles warm or hangs low to help cool them off.

testicles - the 2 testicles, or testes, produce and store millions of tiny sperm cells. The testicles are oval-shaped and grow to be about 2 inches (5 centimeters) in length and 1 inch (3 centimeters) in diameter. The testicles are also part of the endocrine system because they produce hormones, including testosterone.

epididymis - a set of coiled tubes (one for each testicle) that connects to the vas deferens.

seminal vesicle - are sac-like structures attached to the vas deferens to the side of the bladder

prostate gland - produces some of the parts of semen, surrounds the ejaculatory ducts at the base of the urethra, just below the bladder.

vas deferens - a muscular tube that passes upward alongside the testicles and transports the sperm-containing fluid called semen

bladder - where urine collects.

urethra - the channel that carries the semen to the outside of the body through the penis. The urethra is also part of the urinary system because it is also the channel through which urine passes as it leaves the bladder and exits the body.

penis - made up of 2 parts: the shaft and the glans. The shaft is the main part of the penis and the glans is the tip (sometimes called the head). At the end of the glans is a small slit or opening, which is where semen and urine exit the body through the urethra. The inside of the penis is made of a spongy tissue that can expand and contract.

sperm production - once a male has reached puberty, he will produce millions of sperm cells every day. Each sperm is extremely small: only 1/600 of an inch (0.05 millimeters) long. Sperm develop in the testicles within a system of tiny tubes called the seminiferous tubules. At birth, these tubules contain simple round cells, but during puberty, testosterone and other hormones cause these cells to transform into sperm cells. The cells divide and change until they have a head and short tail, like tadpoles. The head contains genetic material (genes). The sperm use their tails to push themselves into the epididymis, where they complete their development. It takes sperm about 4 to 6 weeks to travel through the epididymis.

The sperm then move to the vas deferens, or sperm duct. The seminal vesicles and prostate gland produce a whitish fluid called seminal fluid, which mixes with sperm to form semen when a male is sexually stimulated. The penis, which usually hangs limp, becomes hard when a male is sexually excited. Tissues in the penis fill with blood and it becomes stiff and erect (an erection). The rigidity of the erect penis makes it easier to insert into the female's vagina during sexual intercourse. When the erect penis is stimulated, muscles around the reproductive organs contract and force the semen through the duct system and urethra. Semen is pushed out of the male's body through his urethra - this process is called ejaculation. Each time a guy ejaculates, it can contain 250 - 500 million sperm.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
i have same problem no cord connected to it i think. im scared dont know what this is im only 15. it is under right testicle and moves to near thigh area. discomfort cant really be called pain. help scarred to tell parents
|

replied December 26th, 2009
i have exactly the same lump as described but it never caused me any pain since lately. and just like you i can't really describe it as a pain but more like discomfort. i've had that since i was very little and never worried about it because i remember how my doctor explained my dad that some men have that and it's not unusual.

but lately i have that uncomfortable feeling and (English is my second language and it's hard to explain the following but i'll try)the area where that lump is feels a little stiff. it's like touching dead skin cells or something and it's quite disturbing. im gonna seek doctor help as soon as i can.
|
Tags: lump
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....