Hi all I just found out about a week ago that i'm pregnant, at first I was okay with it but now that its sunk in I have realised I can't have a baby i'm not ready and and am nether financaly nor mentaly ready to have a child.

What do I do, is it to late to have an abortion when I spoke to the midwife she said it was ust my hormones and I need time to get used to the idea, and went on about it being a big shock. Talk about usless!

Help! Please!

Oh and I live in the uk.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Elective abortions are legal here until 24 weeks but you might find it hard to find a doctor that is willing to do one as late as you are. Go and see your .G.P.

Your midwife could have a point though, don't dismiss it too easily; you've obviously had a shock. Just make sure that you are certain that abortion is the way you want to go. Remember that adoption is an option too.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
To be honest, anything after 20 weeks in general is kinda late mind you. Most drs down here will only do an abortion up to 13 weeks max and then after that your pretty much screwed lol.

Honestly I would seek counselling, hormones can do alot/cause you to be emotional unstable, if you asked my husband how many times I didnt want the kid during pregnancy he would say id said it rought 30-40 times.

Somedays are harsh and then other are okay, I personally hate pregnancy, wish I could concieve and delievery the week after lol.
|

Think is I think about it and it would be nice to have a baby, but its not realistic, I am a student I only have a part time job and I have no where to live. I can't tell my parents. I don't want to tell my family. I just know I can't have a baby, and even if I had it adopted I would still have to tell everyone so thats not realistic ether.

I just don't know what to do.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you been to a family planning clinic? They can talk over your options. If I were you I would tell the parentals, cause they might find out sooner or later and be mad because you didnt tell them as soon as you found out. Either way it isnt just going to go away, you need to speak to a professional, we cant decide what you have to do, just give advice. But advice from a professional who meets you would be far better.

What does your other half have to say about the scenario?

How old are you?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Legally you should be able to obtain one but you do not have much time in which to do so. Have you considered adoption?
Go to your doctor and xplain the situation - i'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Best of luck
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...