User Profile
Hey my darlings.

As most of you may know, my face is full of metal, hahaha.
But recently, .I took out one of my liprings &forgot about it, &before .I remembered that .I had it out, it closed up &.I couldn't get the jewelry back in. &.I really love lovelovelvleovleovelove my liprings, so .I was super bummed. So .I was wondering.. Does anyone know if it's ok to get piercings while you're pregnant? 'cause .I really want it redone &healed before the baby is born. But .I have no idea if it's harmful or what. I know tattoos are pretty much a no-go.. But what about piercings?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2006
Experienced User
I would think that as long as you go someplace that you know and they are super clean it would be fine. I would only worry about infection. But as long as you clean it and they use a clean needle you should be good, right?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My doc said no to the piercings and the tats. Trust me I was ticky about it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ask your doc first. My doc said no because your body reacts differently when pregnant. You may not heal correctly and it may cause huge problems.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Its a 50 50 thing pending who you ask
|

Especially eHealthy
Yea, I don't see why it would hurt...But I do know that your body reacts differently while pregnant.

I would just pop it through like I do to my tongue. It'll close right in the middle and I just re pierce it. It hurts...But I can hang!

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
Try putting some ice and ambesol behind ur lip for a few before repiercing.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well that's the thing,
it's wayyy too late to force the jewelry
back through myself. It's been out for
about 2 months, now. So the hole is
completely closed up. So that's a no-go.

I think .I may just wait.
I don't want to risk an infection
or anything. Though my piercer is the
best piercer in the state, &he studied
body modification &trained for 10years.
So he's amazingly talented.

My lip just looks so lonely with only one ring.
Lol!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
You forgot it wasn't there for 2 months? Lol I have had my labret pierced for 2 years now and took it out about 6 months ago cause it was ruining my gums but I can still put small things in it.I'm surprised it didn't close up all the way!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol no no! I forgot it wasn't there for a few days.
I honestly don't know how .I forgot! I was sick
for a while, though, &that side was really bothering
me so .I took it out for a little bit, &just forgot .I had!
Lol, .I'll get it redone someday. *wistful sigh*
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I just took out my lipring about 2 weeks ago...No one in my family understands why it's so hard to part with those things! It took like a whole 2 hours for mine to close up. But I had only had it for like 11 months.

I still have my tongue pierced though...And I went through too much pain to get rid of that sucker.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I knowww it.

My mom is like "why not just taken them out &get them redone in a year?" ...No way!!!!! Haha .I still have the right side of my lip and my septum. And those aren't going annnnywhere anytime soon.

Although .I was an idiot and when .I was 18 .I got tattoos on my hips. Er, well, the sides of my lower stomach, lol.

They're gonna stretch sooo bad.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had my toungue pierced 2 years before I got pregnant with my son and I didnt' have to take it out until I had seizures and the doctors took it out. I got it redone 2 months before I got pregnant with my daughter and 6 months into my pregnancy it started to swell and hurt so I had to take it out. I don't think that i'll get it re-done.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My tongue didn't hurt too bad when I got it done but it did swell up and *that* hurt! I have had it for about 6 years so I don't think it will close up
|

Experienced User
What About?
What about navel (belly buttons)piercings, do you have to take the ring out when your pregnant?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Some people do and some don't , I did but I stuck it in everyonce in a while and would wear if for a few days. Its up to you. You can get the bendy ones if you have a fear of it closing up.
|

Especially eHealthy
I've had my tongue since I was 15. It'll close in the middle, but I can always get it through.

I don't even wanna talk about my belly button right now!!

My linea nigra *just* went away and my belly button finally isn't *black* anymore!!!! God, when I preggy, my belly buttonr eally did look like a dirty !**@!! Hahahahahahahahahaha and it had a hemmroid cuz it poked out!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
i've had my tongue since I was 15. It'll close in the middle, but I can always get it through.

I don't even wanna talk about my belly button right now!!

My linea nigra *just* went away and my belly button finally isn't *black* anymore!!!! God, when I preggy, my belly buttonr eally did look like a dirty !**@!! Hahahahahahahahahaha and it had a hemmroid cuz it poked out!!

Sarah
wow,thanks for that sarah! Lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
L.O.L!!!

Oh my god, .Sarah.

I don't think .I want lunch anymore.

:p
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow sarah, really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally have one again. Mine stretched out flat. It was crazy. It looked like I never had 1.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...