Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

When Should I Expect My Period?

I quit taking my b/c pills after the 8th day of my pack. I had breakthrough bleeding for 3 days, then it stopped. Was that considered to be my period, or should I expect a period around the "normal" time?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Thats hard to say. Breakthrough bleeding is very common within the first couple months, most likely thats what you experienced..If you quit taking your pills I am not sure when you'll get your period..Usually you get it on your inactive week of "sugar" week. I get my usually the 3rd pay of my sugar pills. You may not get it for awhile or until your body goes back to normal. Shouldnt be long since you only took it for 8 days..
|

replied September 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Usually if you take the pill and suddenly stop your have a bit of light bleeding and no that wasent your period your period should stil come as normal just slightly irregular cause of all the hormone chnages
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2006
Re: When Should I Expect My Period?
plyr21 wrote:
i quit taking my b/c pills after the 8th day of my pack. I had breakthrough bleeding for 3 days, then it stopped. Was that considered to be my period, or should I expect a period around the "normal" time?

hi plyr21
first of all you tell me “what do you want” you want child or control the child birth if you want to control the child birth then there are various type of birth control you choose depends on your needs. Some people only need to prevent pregnancy. Other people may also want to protect themselves or their partners from diseases that can be passed by having sex. These diseases are called sexually transmitted diseases (stds). Some stds include acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (aids), chlamydia, herpes, genital warts, gonorrhea and syphilis. So by your post I think you want prevent pregnancy for a little time means a birth control for a short time and after that time you want to be pregnant but during this time you must be very careful about your health and fitness

[please do not spam the forums with advertising]

all the best..
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...