Hi im a 20year old girl. I dont really know if ive got tmj or not. I hear clicking noises in my ears and it feels like they r clogged up. I also get pains in the side of my head and ear ache. Im to scared to go to the dentist as its my fear. Ima realy worried person, who thinks I have a brain tumor but I think its tmj im not sure could someone who has had tmj or facin the same symptoms get back to me plz as im really worried and its streesing me out. I also get these strange feelings in my chest to. I would really appreciate if u got back in touch.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey. I think you have tmj. I get the same thing too but i've had it for over a year now. Ive thought ive had all theese weird sicknesses but I know its tmj now.
|

replied October 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Lauren,
see your dentist. You might be surprised that by just getting a bite splint to wear while sleeping could relieve some/most/all of your symptoms. Tmj is not a "death sentence." it can be "cured" and/or managed, but you have to educate yourself and take small, conservative steps to help yourself. A good tmj dentist can be a god-send.

I hope you get this checked out.
God bless...
Carol

p.S. If you don't think your family dentist is really all that good with tmj, go to a different dentist.
|
Quick Reply