Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

How Do I Get Dh Ready to Make a Baby

My hubby and I have been together for 5 years and we have been married since march. We have talked a lot about having children in the last 3 years, I am ready when ever but he is still insistant on not being ready. He keeps using the excuse that our appartment is not big enough (we have 2 bedrooms) and I think it is really becuase he is not mentally ready. I have tried talking to him about it, but he is unresponsive except for saying "someday" when I ask when we can really start ttc. We are not activly trying to prevent pregnancy either. I chart my cycles and we know when I have an increase in chances to get pregnant and he has the choice to ask for protection or just pull out and see what happens. 9 times out of 10 he chooses to just pull out, which tells me (i think too far into it) that he doesn't care if we do get pregnant and if it happens it happens. But I want to know what any of you said to your man when he was "not ready" but you were. I just want to do this while I am young and somewhat still healthy (i have some health issues since birth).. I am 25 and dh is 28, so it isn't like we are old, but menopause comes early in my family and I have told him this, but it doesn't seem to click in his head. Anyway, I have wrote enough for now, so any advice or info would be soooo great. Thanx.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Make up a budget showing how you will be able to pay for all your bills and rent plus the baby's food, clothing, nappies, childcare etc. On your income and his income.

Then show it to your husband. It will probably make him more relaxed if he doesn't have to worry about future money problems.
|

replied October 7th, 2006
Malory had some good advice... Take care of any debts or anything too... If you plan on buying a house in the future, maybe buy the house first... Rent is usually more then a mortgage payment anyways.

You really just need to sit down with him and have a talk about it. Find out what is wrong etc. Because his is obviously something that means alot to you and he needs to listen.

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like he is really interested...
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....