User Profile
I've also been reading the posts on here for gripe water. Does it work? Any info on that please?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
It worked for my daughter. Plus, they love the tast of it. I put it on my daughters soother occasionally to calm her during crying fits. Don't be fearful of the old fashioned stuff that contains a small percentage of alcohol; it works far better than the non-alcohol stuff. Trust me
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Im using it at the moment for my son and it works wonders!
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Gripe Water
Some babies like the taste of it, but the actual calming benefits of traditional gripe water were pretty much obliterated when alcohol was removed from the formula!!

In older times- gripe water was a godsend to mothers with fretfull babies, but, it contained alcohol, which was pretty much .T.H.E effective ingredient. In most places gripe water no longer contains any.

Some babies like it, and will happily have a nice drink of water if it has gripe water in it, or like one of the other poster's mentioned, enjoy a suck of it on their soother.
Do whatever works for you.
I found cooled camomile tea quite calming with my second baby.
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey! My little guy whose 3 and a half months old doesnt like it and it doesnt do anything for him, :s
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....