My sister-in-law has been given less than 3 months to live ,im going to be taking charge of her three young boys of 9,12,14 what do I tell them,(i know that I will love them and I will lookafter them) but what do I tell them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2006
Tell Them the Truth
In my personal opinion, you should tell them the truth. Explain to them exactly what is happening and answer any questions that they have. Honesty is the best policy in this situation. It is going to be a very difficult situation for them to deal with, but they should never be left in the dark about what is really going on. Hopefully they have good friends and family support and will be able to rely on each other to get through this ordeal. It is good that there are three of them, I think. I have three step-siblings whose father committed suicide when they were all very young and they are now very close to each other because of what they had to go through.
|

replied October 15th, 2006
Tell Them the Truth
If I were u I would just tell the the truth. Its the only way to do things. It will be hard for them to except as its their mother. They will always miss her a great deal. Honesty is the best policy in this matter. Ill be glad to help you in anyway I can. I feel for the mother as it must be very hard on her knowing she will leave them. I love children and if u need help or someone to talk to u . I wish u all the best of everything and im truely sorry things have ended up this way. Death is unfair to all of us. Espically when u have to leave young children behind. Im sure sorry Crying or Very sad
|
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....