My husband and I are trying to conceive, my cycle has been regular for the past three months. I have taken about 5 over the counter pregnancy tests but they are come back negative. Could I be pregnant? I know that I should go to the dr, but it's really weird that I have no sign of my period whatsoever. I want to be pregnant, but am wondering if 5 tests could be wrong. Can anyone offer some insight on this for me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Have you recently come off of birth control. I have heard a few people say that they thought their cycles had straightened out after birth control and then they have a long, wacky cycle or two.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I was one of those people! I thought my cycle was pretty regular then I had a 47 day cycle and I think I tested 7 times all bfn. I'm not trying to get your hopes down but just keep it in mind that sometimes our bodies trick us. Stress can even effect the length of your cycle. Keep on testing till you get a bfp or af shows up!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with the above posters but if you think that you might be pregnant and their are no signs of your period in about a week and still are testing negative with the home pregnancy tests, I would talk to your dr or his nurse or assistant about getting a blood test as we are all different and it just might be too soon for it to be showing up on the hpt's. It just might help you to relieve your thoughts and I know that it is easier said than done but try to relax.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....