When do the doctors usually check you to see if you have begun dialating or anything. Any one know out there? Has anyone preparing for a home birth or water birth?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My dr checked me at 33 weeks but it usually starts at 36
|

Thanks. I have an appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll check me out. I'm going through a birthing center not a hospital so I don't know if the midwifes work the same way as doctors when it comes to checking.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I don't know either. They checked me at 33 weeks because he thought I was dilated. I ended up being 60-80% effaced, but not dilated. Almost time.
|

Are you pregnant now? If so how far along? I'm hoping to have a water birth so I just need to try to keep my blood pressure down because if that goes up i'll have to deliver at the hospital.
|

Experienced User
Jess
Im having a home water birth an my midwife said she wont check me till im in labour like like to let your body do the work you can always check your self if you want to no
|

replied September 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Im not doing a home birth but I got checked at 36 weeks and I was not even dilated or effaced.. But when I went the last time I was ripe...Wish you the best and hope they check you..

Mary 38w5dw#4boy
haven water broke sunday at 8am
4 days to go
|

Extremely eHealthy
Map!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow I haven't seen you around since I got back. How are you? I can't believe that you are already about to have your skoot. Yay!!!!

I wasn't checked until I went into the hospital in labor. But then again I was having a c-section. My cousin who goes to my doctor too hasn't been checked and she is due in 13 days.
|

I had an appointment this morning and the midwife said she wouldn't normally check you until 40 wks but if I want to know whats going on she'll check me next week since i'll be 37 wks by then.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...