User Profile
I am 18 ..And throughout my teen years I have had horrible headaches..When I was around 14 I was a cheerleader and I passed out because of a terrible headache ..During a basketball game..Well I went to the doctor and they said it was my eyes..So I went and got my eyes checked and I had a stigmitism(sp)..They gave me glasses ..And it worked for a while..And then it just came right back..I started getting them again..They were so bad that I would start seeing spots..And could hardly stand sound or light..So now im to the point I dont even want to wake up because almost every other day I wake up with this headache..Im thinking about getting a ct scan of my head or something..Does anyone have any other info they could give me..Maybe advice on what to do?Im in pain and im tired of it..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2006
Headaches
I know you may have read some of my posts on this site and think I may be a bit nuts about nutrition - and you'd be right.

My husband suffered with at least 2 migraines a year (light sensitivity, nasea, vomiting, couldn't function for at least 2 days at a time - had to go to bed in the complete dark).

He has not had a migraine in 6 years. No lie.

Nutrition is an amazing thing. We do not get what we need from our foods. If we drink pop we lose even more from our bodies. There are so many things people are not aware of when it comes to nutrition.

Let me know if you want more info.

Jm.
|

replied October 11th, 2006
Ask your md about tmj. I have tmj and suffer from cronic headaches. The headache I have now started 4.5 years ago. I too like you, do not want to wake up some mornings. Tmj is a disfunction in the jaw joint. Just a thought that might need to be considered.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....