Does anyone know what the signs of lactose in tolarence are in breastfed babies?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2006
Supporter
Well, I know that if they spit up chunks they are not digesting it correctly. I'm not sure about anything else though.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Call your peditrician ..Im sure they could give you the symptoms ...Maybe even stop by their office they might have sheets that can tell you..Or if you need info asap..Just google it and im sure there will be tons of info..
|

replied April 9th, 2008
one of the signs is stomach pains, i know with my nephew he was always grizzly and lifting up his legs as if he had bad stomach pains, also having trouble sleeping due to the pains.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Community Volunteer
It's the inability to digest the protein in milk. Are asking about "lactose intolerance" in your milk or the cows milk you drink ending up in your milk?

I experienced this with my last baby: I am not able to eat any milk products because of her intolerance.

If the baby is having a reaction to the milk that you are drinking, he could end up with colic, gas pains, green stools, explosive gas when he makes a bowel movement, and bloody stool in advanced cases. It will take 1-2 weeks for the symptoms to go away depending on how long you have been drinking the milk and how intolerant he is to the milk. He could also end up with eczema from the milk.

An allergy to your actual milk is very very rare, but it does happen. But normally you can fix whatever the problem is with a gradual elimination of possible problem foods from your diet.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....