Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Colorectal cancer symptoms at age 15

User Profile
I'm a fifteen year old girl, who has been expierencing a wide range of colorectal cancer symptoms.

For example:
-Changing bowel movements (one day I can't go at all, others I have diaherra)
-Fatigue
-Constant headaches
-Stool changes shape (sometimes regular, sometimes thin, ect ect)
-Bright red blood from my rectum
-Painful stomach aches, and abdominal pain
-Burning feeling in stomach and throat when I try to go to the bathroom
-Almost vomiting when going to the bathroom
-Shortness of breath
-Unbalanced (sometimes)
-Low-grade fever
-Mucus in stool

Am I one of the rare teen cases of Colon Cancer?
My doctor seemed concerned and is making me do blood and stool tests. Possibly even a colonoscopy later on.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2006
Colon Cancer Answer A1535
According to the symptoms you describe (constipation/diarrhea, fatigue, headache, blood and mucus in the feces, abdominal cramps, slight fever, heartburn, nausea) you might be experiencing severe colon inflammation (colitis). Colitis can be caused by bacterial infection (Schigela or Clostridium deficiele, for example) or it can have an unknown cause (like in cases of ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease). Schigela causes a severe disease called dysentery. Infective colitis can be diagnosed microbiologically (isolation of the bacterium in the feces) and serologically (finding antibodies in the blood). Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease are probably autoimmune diseases and they can be confirmed only with a colonoscopy and a biopsy.

Colon cancer, although less possible, might be excluded. It can be excluded or confirmed only with a colonoscopy and a biopsy.

You need medical help from a gastro intestinal internist and an infectologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.