Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

How Can I Convince My Husband to Get Me Pregnant?

Exactly what the subject states.
Married 1 year
dating 5 years
have a beautiful home
great job
whats the problem
how can I concince my husband to get me pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tinytrish
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Re: How Can I Convince My Husband to Get Me Pregnant?
tinytrish wrote:
exactly what the subject states.
Married 1 year
dating 5 years
have a beautiful home
great job
whats the problem
how can I concince my husband to get me pregnant?

just talk to him and tell him that you just want a little part of him inside you... And then act depressed (maybe cry from time to time, so he knows you want this so bad)... And he'll come around sooner than you think, because he cares about you very much and the last thing he wants to do is see you upset day and night.

It worked from me - and now we're trying every month.

So I wish you all the best and sendin you lots of baby dust!

Laughing
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Don't guilt him into it though. It should be a mutual decision. If he agrees only for your sake, he might resent it later on if he wasn't emotionally ready to become a father. Babies are hard work, and can put a lot of strain on a relationship.

Just be honest with him. Let him know how important this is to you, but allow him time to come around to the idea on his own.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You definately don't want to push him too hard. If he isn't ready, then wait but let him know that you don't have forever. You don't want to have a child with someone who really doesn't want one.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Just so I can clarify myself here a little. I didn't really pressure my husband into having a baby. I did act depressed, just because i've been waiting for this moment for 7 years because he wasn't ready. We do have what we want in life. He wanted to try in 2 years, then he changed his mind and wanted to try in 2 months (when we're in lake tahoe), but I just told him that it might take us few month or even 2 years to get pregnant... And he decided that I was right, and now we're trying every month. Last month we didn't succeed, but we'll see this month... We need all the baby dust we can get!

Thanx!
|

That's down right scandalous. I'd be ashamed of myself if I did something like that. I bet if you told him your tactics he'd be a might bit pissed!
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My husband and I talked long and hard about having a baby. For awhile he reallyl didn't want one and that really upset me. Eventually though I stopped pushing and he all of the sudden decided that he wanted a lil munchkin too! Now he is the one that is going all baby crazy. That didn't happen though until I shut up and he was around my sisters little boys alot.
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2006
Experienced User
If he's not ready then trying to coax him is really not the right thing to do right now. Let it be a decision that the both of you agreed on that way no one feels "pushy." pregnancy is something that is very important for both the husband and the wife, but the husband sometimes needs longer to "settle" in as far as marriage goes before he wants to have a baby. I wish the both of you good luck! Smile

xoxo
|

replied October 14th, 2011
Want a baby,but boyfriend don't help me :'(
I want a baby,and my boyfriend really don't want one,and it really upsets me Sad I had 2 loses,and it's really creeping up on me :'(
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2011
Experienced User
Speaking from experience ...
I pushed my husband into having a baby and even though I will NEVER regret having my princess, I wish I could of approached it a little better. He obviously wasn't ready then ,,, Thank God now he's the BEST father in the world and LOVES her unconditionally, it was hard at the beginning cause it was me, me, and only me that took care of her nonstop.

Just tell him how u feel and give him time. In the mean time just hang around friends or family members that have babies and kids as much as possible.
|

replied October 15th, 2011
I told him how much it means to me that I want a baby...he still said "no baby,it's my money"
|

replied January 14th, 2012
I want a baby 2
I am in a similar situation. With my 1st husband we tried for 5 years. I think when I met my husband now that I was so sad and upset that not having babies made the pain seem less. Now I am almost 30 and i want a baby so bad. My husband and I agreed when we were dating no kids. No I feel a viod and I want one. I want one so bad it hurts. I dont know what to do. Exspecailly because I know he would be a good dad and the only reason that he doesnt is because when he was 16 his dad told him kids riun your life. I know his dad meant that for the time not for life lol. But I am so sad now that i want one. It is my fault I changed my mind but still hoping he comes around. He is 40.
|

replied January 14th, 2012
I want a baby 2
I am in a similar situation. With my 1st husband we tried for 5 years. I think when I met my husband now that I was so sad and upset that not having babies made the pain seem less. Now I am almost 30 and i want a baby so bad. My husband and I agreed when we were dating no kids. No I feel a viod and I want one. I want one so bad it hurts. I dont know what to do. Exspecailly because I know he would be a good dad and the only reason that he doesnt is because when he was 16 his dad told him kids riun your life. I know his dad meant that for the time not for life lol. But I am so sad now that i want one. It is my fault I changed my mind but still hoping he comes around. He is 40. Any advice here lol.
|

replied January 18th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Maybe he is not the one for you and god has other plans for you..
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....