Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Should I Be Tested Again?

I was recently tested for lupus. My doctor told me that everything came back ok and that I did not have lupus. The next time I went to the doctor I looked through my chart and seen that my lupus test said positive. When I questioned the doctor he stated that a lot of lupus tests come back with false positves. He said that there is a number with the test and mine was very low. He said that the number wasnt even borderline as to where he would test me again. Can this be true?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Mya101
Hi there! It never hurts to get a second opinion, both me and my dr agree to that one. My ole saying is if ever in doubt get it checked out. Their is also other things lupus can be similar to. Keepus posted on what you find out, although I am not a dr I am her for you if you need someone to talk to. You might want to get a copy of the test when you go see the other dr, sometimes it can help although it is your choice.
Good luck!
|

replied September 12th, 2006
Second Opinion
Hi -
i'm not sure what the cause of you getting tested in the first place (symtoms and/or it runs in your family) but I would totally get a second opinion if it makes you feel better. Lupus runs in my family and I understand a little on how serious it is.

Good luck and I wish you the best!
|
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....