Do I Need A Newer Vehicle
Yes, A Newer Vehicle Is Needed
NO, Your Fine With What You Have For Now
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2
Is what I currently own. Its 2 door, black, tinted windows. And lowered about 2". My girlfried is currently pregnant. Is this vehilcle going to be good enought for my child or do I need to get a new vehicle?

Please post your opinions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Two door is hard with a baby.Because for the first couple of months you would have to sit with them in the back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Ture its harder with 2 door vehicles since you need to push the front seat back to get to the rear seats. But you when I purchased this vehicle I wasnt planning on having a kid, I figured by the time I have a kid I will have a newer better car. When I purchased it my intent was to get an affordable car in a price range of 600.00 and do some work on if it needed some, which I did. I did body work, prime and paint, and lower it 2". I also purchased it because I needed a vehicle to get me back and forth to various places. Do you think I would look kinda foolish having a kid and a some what supped up vehicle?

angelos mama wrote:
two door is hard with a baby.Because for the first couple of months you would have to sit with them in the back.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
angelos mama wrote:
two door is hard with a baby.Because for the first couple of months you would have to sit with them in the back.


why would you have to sit with them in the back? I plan on riding home from the hospital in the back with my baby but after that he's on his own back there. My husband has to go back to work shortly after our baby is born and I won't have anyone to chauffer me around.

2-door is hard just because you'll need to get back there to strap him into his carseat. It's just an inconvenience for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Well you sit back with the baby for "x" ammount of time you know to give them their bottle, their soother etc.

iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
angelos mama wrote:
two door is hard with a baby.Because for the first couple of months you would have to sit with them in the back.


why would you have to sit with them in the back? I plan on riding home from the hospital in the back with my baby but after that he's on his own back there. My husband has to go back to work shortly after our baby is born and I won't have anyone to chauffer me around.

2-door is hard just because you'll need to get back there to strap him into his carseat. It's just an inconvenience for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Would it help for me to put a picture of my suv and show eeryone what it looks like?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No ..We understand your original post..

If you and your gf have patience ..Then keep the 2 door ..It is a pain in the butt ..And 4 doors are much easier..

Everyone is diff ..Some people would rather have a 2 door and some would rather have a 4 door..So really its all up to you and her..And what works best..

Why are you worried about your car...As long as you have on ..Thats what matters.Because how can you afford something else..Didnt you say your financially on your own now?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah im financially on my own. For me to get a new car it wont be that hard I can probably get a few gran for mine, since the body work was repaired it runs great, new black paint, new tires and lowered 2". Well everything is not so new its abit old, but they are still good. Those are just some mod's ive done myself. Reason why i'm worried about my car is because I dont to look like a goof, driving a baby around in it.

~*~jillian~*~ wrote:
no ..We understand your original post..


If you and your gf have patience ..Then keep the 2 door ..It is a pain in the butt ..And 4 doors are much easier..


Everyone is diff ..Some people would rather have a 2 door and some would rather have a 4 door..So really its all up to you and her..And what works best..


Why are you worried about your car...As long as you have on ..Thats what matters.Because how can you afford something else..Didnt you say your financially on your own now?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Um maybe you shouldnt worry about what others think..Who cares what you drive as long as its safe for the baby and runs good..Your going to be a parent you are going to have to learn ..That material things dont matter ..As long as they are clean and safe for your baby..Considering that you are financially on your own at 17 ..Its going to be hard ..Especially when those hospital bills start adding up and that baby need diapers and formula..Ive been there and its hard..So if I were you I wouldnt be worried about a vehicle I would be focusing on saving money ..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 27th, 2006
Experienced User
It doesnt bother me at all what kind of car I drive just as long as I have something that can get me from point a to point b in one piece. I just want my baby to have the best I can give him or her. It's pretty safe so far, so im assuming its still going to be safe but everyone is like you need a more reliable car to get around in, because its not a good family car. Thats why I am asking for other opinions,
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....