Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Testicles: left lower than right, experiencing thi

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Hi. I've been having ocassional testicle pain, especially in only one of them (the left one). I've been diagnosed with Chlamydia 7 months ago, althgouh i've never had sexual intercourse or oral sex.

The left one usually hurts. It also kinda hangs...lower than the other one. Why?? Why is it lower than the other one? I tried to check for any bumps or anything like that...Everything seems to be fine.

The pain is ocassional, once a week or even two. Could it be Epidymitis?? (pardon the spelling ).

Yesterday I asked for some blood tests. Can STDs be detected ONLY with blood tests?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2006
Sexual Health - Men Answer A1527
According to your symptoms (occasional pain in the left testicle) you might be experiencing chronic inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis). A physical examination, sperm analyses and ultrasound have to be done to confirm or exclude the diagnosis.
A left testicle placed lower than the right testicle is a normal condition. Nobody has ideal symmetry. The left testicle probably has a longer vas deferens so it is placed lower.
STDs are generally confirmed in 2 ways:
1. isolation of the agent in the urethral smear or sperm (microbiologically) and
2. detection of antibodies against the agent in the blood (serologically).

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.