My wife, age 38, has been having a variety of symptoms: constant headaches, cramping, complete loss of sexual appetite & a tingling sensation in both breasts she describes as a ice cold burning that goes to her lungs & sometimes back. This "burning" feeling is not so much painful as it is mainly just very uncomfortable. She thinks it is a hormonal inbalance, & I don't have a clue?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Havent a Clue
Your wife should really see her gp to find out whats wrong, but to me it sounds a bit like the start of the menopause, I know she is very young but my mother had these symptoms and she was a lot younger than your wife and it turned out to be the beginning of the menopause. The doctor could confirm or dismiss this with a simple blood test. Hope everything turns out okay
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Screen her for diabetes mellitus. If her blood sugar came out normal then its definitely due to hormonal imbalance.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.