User Profile
Im finally going in for my first doc appt in the 27th I know its kinda late cuz im 12 weeks alreadi but I just wanted to make sure I didnt misscarry again but im doing good n almost in2 my 2nd trimester n im getting a tummie so im happy but newayse my question is since its my first appt will I get to hear my babies heartbeat or no????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My doctor checked for mine at 10wks!
She may check for yours since you're already
up there in the weeks! I hope you get to hear it.

I'm 13wks on monday!
When are you due .Ash?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Im due march 24th ur a week ahead of me hehe

im so excited for my appt im realli hopeing I get to hear the heartbeat itll make me so happy cuz then ill be even less nervous bout a mc becuz then I know the baby is healthy :)

when r u due?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm due .March 19th! Yay!
We're really close in our due dates.

I know .I was soo relieved when .I heard the heartbeat.
&.Now .I'm even more relieved that .I'm about to head
into the 2nd trimester. It's so exciting. :)

.How old are you?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Good luck ash!!!

Aren't we just a bunch of pregnant .March-due ladies ;)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It's the best way to be! :p
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hehe ive noticed march is a pretty popular month on all the forums I go on hehe its awsome though :)
|

Im due on march 9th and i'm so excited!!! I'm due for my scan next week but i'm worried because I haven't had any blood tests and I haven't heard my baby's heart - I don't know whats supposed to happen or when but I havent had anything apart from my pregnancy folder.

Good luck to all you ladies!!

L x
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2006
Experienced User
They could hear my baby's heartbeat when she was only 12 weeks!

They also could see her heartbeat on my ultrasound that I had at 7w6d.

I hope you get to hear that little babies heartbeat!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
What's the earliest you guys got to hear your baby's heartbeat?
I heard mine at 10wks. I was soo shocked she was able to find it.
I think even she was a little surprised, lol.

We saw mine on ultrasound at 6wks.

Ahh .I'm so excited for my next appointment on the 18th.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Im hoping so the 27th just seems soooooo far away :( when do u usually get to see the gender of ur baby ????
|

When I went to my first appt, I couldnt remember when I had my last period, so I had no idea how far I was. Therefore, they gave me an ultrasound to measure the baby so they could figure it out, and yes, I could see the little heartbeat even at 6 weeks old! It was amazing!
|

Especially eHealthy
Ooh goodluck, .Ash! I heard .Caitlyns at... I think 17 weeks or so. But that s cuz my brain kept forgetting my appointments lol.
|

Especially eHealthy
I heard my baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks. He knew he would find it. He put it on my belly, and just wroggled it around in the same spot, and boomboomboomboombooomboom!! Iwas like a running horse!! I was in shock because at that moment any sort of denial was flushed down the toilet!!!

Good luck girl!! It's the most amazing experience i'd ever gone through, besides child birth.

Sarah
|

Especially eHealthy
U know.. Im terrified of an epi.

Im so afraid its gunna hurt.
|

Especially eHealthy
It probably does. I wasn't gonna find out! No indeed, you not stickin a needle in my spine!! You must be crazy!! I'll take the pain over the needle. I didn't even let them give me an iv....Eeeeehhh..I .H.A.T.E needles!!!!!!!

Child birth isn't all the painful screaming dying they make it out to be. It's a beautiful thing that your body is able to do. I just sat back and let my body do everything it had to do.

All I did was push a couple times....

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Do you guys know if you have a lowerback tattoo- will they really not give you an epi? I heard it was just a load of bs &a myth.. But .I'm so scared that .I'm not gonna be able to get one, &.I really want one! But .I've got a big ole tattoo all over my lower back!
|

Especially eHealthy
Well im gunna have a c-section since my doctors think I got prego too soon after .Jacob was born my uterus might not be healed enough. The first time I had a c-section I was asleep so I didnt have to worry about it.. But this time I want to be awake so .Rob can be in there with me. Last time they wouldnt let him in the room cuz I was asleep and they promised to let him look thru a window to watch but they never opened the blinds. He was pissed. He had to watch thru a crack.. His first born he watched come into this world thru a crack in the blinds.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...