The last 2 mornings my 5 year old has woken up and the back of his calves hurt him so much that he can't stand up. They hurt him only when he tries to stand and goes away after a coupld hours. It is not in his joints-it seems to be his muscle only in that one spot on both legs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Don't Know the Answer to Your Question
do know the father of my children,who is no longer in their lives, did say he had "growing pains" as a child.....neither of my children who have MD ever had that issue when they were younger. Sorry I could not help.
|

replied August 1st, 2008
sounds like a charlie horse to me I get them every once in a while they hurt like hell but im no doc
|

replied January 4th, 2011
i totally understand :(
im fourteen and i've been having 'growing pains' for a while now-probably since i was 7 or 8, they tend to happen at night- i've woken up several times with awful sensations too- and they usually occur a bit before a growth spurt... my mum found a homeopathic solution and we've found that that is wonderfully beneficial as well as putting cold cloths over the achy spots (this was passed on from my aunt, who also had them growing up) ..for me it's usually my legs or even sometimes my fingers!)
oh wow- i just realized this post is 6 years old.. well, hope his pains have stopped-if not, i hope this helps!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....