For the past year I have had intermittent pain below my ribs radiating into my back and in the centre of my chest. It started when I started eating less and more healthy to lose weight. It can disappear for weeks or I can have it several times a day. At the same time I get an excruciating hunger pain as if I haven't eaten for a month. Yet this can be a couple of hours after eating or 30 minutes after. Food sometimes helps it go for a few minutes other times it doesn't. Also I when I get the sickly ache below my ribs and in the centre I suddenly feel very tired and sometimes a bit hot. When you get the pain you don't know what to do with yourslef it is a frustrating pain. I never get it in the night. Also if I lie down it seems to disappear.

I got the results from my gallbladder scan tonight and I have gallstones but my gallbladder isn't inflamed. My gp doesn't think the pains I have correlate with the pain from gallstones. He is referring me to an expert in gallstones and for a gastroscopy.

Has anyone out there had similar pains to mine and they have been caused by gallstones?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 18th, 2006
Im very much having the same symptoms you are. My docs think im a pain in the butt really. My pain can come and go and isnt like a typical gall bladder attack with vomiting and severe pain. Its more like a general nasty ache that can be upper central and left or right. Im due for a gall scan on oct 10th. Twice this weekend ive been to the er convinced im having a heart attack only to be told its muscular or gall related. I also find myself getting hot as you describe and kind of clammy! I never get it in the night and can sleep through the night without pain, although tend to have pain before I go to sleep. Once im up in the morning im ok and it comes on throughout the day. Some days I can have no pain, other times I can have 3 days of pain on the trot. It doesnt help that I also have panic attacks which always make me extremely anxious at the time I have pain. My pains are definitely very similar to yours, and I will after my ultrasound get back to you and let you know what they have said. Im also waiting for an endoscopy to see if there is anything stomach related going on.
|

replied December 8th, 2006
Hi
I also am having moderate achy pain underneath my right breast area and has been intermittent for last week but getting worse. Im scheduled for abdominal ultrasound feb 7th. Am just wondering if this could be gallbladder .So far today ive taken zantac and mylanta and seems to help temporarily but then pain is on again geezz..Am wondering if theres anything I can do or try for tis pain..Any advice is muchly appreciated, and hope everyone has a great painfree weekend, joy
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2009
Hello,
I am also experiencing those symptoms. I was diagnosed with sludge in my gallbladder a few weeks ago and as time has gone on it's been getting worse. I also get horrible hunger pains even after I have just finished a full course meal, as if i haven't eaten for weeks! I also have pain underneath my right breast area too, and my chest and back mostly to the right starts aching so bad as if someone is stabbing me with a knife. one minute i am in horrible pain from eating, the next it feels like hunger pains, the next it sort of feels like how people describe a heart attack (I have never had one). Right now i am taking Kapidex for my gall bladder issue and I have no clue as to whether or not they are affective since I just started taking them. I also experience feelings of being hot too, sometimes it makes me feel dizzy. sometimes my breastbone and esophagus even aches. I hope all of us can get our issues solved Smile
|

replied November 6th, 2009
I get the same!
Hello,
I'm only 19 and I also experience this severe aching where my stomuch is, which gets worse, sometimes it comes when I take painkillers and sometimes if i have alcohol, but most of the time it will come and go as it pleases even if I havn't had either painkillers of alcohol! I also get the hunger pains, which can sometimes get really painful, even though eating wont make them go away, and I too get very tired alot of the time!
I havn't yet been to the doctor's about this as I didn't know other people had it too and I thought it was indigestion or something, but now know for sure it's not, hope we can all find out what it is!
|

replied September 27th, 2011
Hello all!
I do really reccomend you all to try a diet. There are really some good remedies for that.
And of course it is crucial to have a pozitive mood and mindset as our body is uniqe and UNITED organism. Everything is connected - mind-stomach-heart-feelings.
|

replied September 5th, 2016
My symptoms gallbladder?
Hello,

As with another comment here I was diagnosed with sludge in my gallbladder. I have had two long periods of pain. 1st in May which lasted two week and this recent one is now on day 10 (when typing this). Pain has been significantly worse this time. I am not 100% sure its gallbladder causing the issues as I have throat spasms / feel like I have a lump. Bad reflux which is worse when I lie or lean forward and constant pain rather than the short and sharp pain most people report. I too have been getting dizzy and a lot of headaches. As someone mentioned above, one minute I can be in excessive amounts of pain and the next I feel starving hungry.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....