Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Why Do I Get Like This ?

Hi

my name is james

(im male)

from the age of 15 I used to weigh 15 stone,but now im 17years old and weigh 12 stone and im 5ft11 ive been told thats the average weight for my height.But im always getting down because im I feel fat but I know im not fat,its hard to explain

why do I get like this ?

It really gets me down and also its starting to get my girlfriend down too.

When I was 15 years old I got the weight of being 15stone by watching movies and getting sweets n etc every day after school and not enough excersise but I met my girlfriend on the internet and I thought to my self ive got to loose weight or other wise she wont like me but in her case she used to say it doesnt matter if your fat I like you for who you are.So I lost 3 stone in 3-5 months I know its rather quick but it made me happy when I lost weight.

Basically im afraid of getting fat again thats why I have them symptoms above but how can I get rid of thinking that way......
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2007
No reply after 6months + ?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2007
Don't Worry About It
Well, you are still young yet.

Remember that your weight is just a small part of the whole picture. Other, more valid, indicators of your fitness level are:

How do you feel--energetic or wiped out?

Do you have good muscle tone, or are you flabby?

Are you able to walk up a few flights of stairs without panting?

Are you able to accomplish the daily tasks that you want/need to do?

if you lack energy, find yourself a bit flabby, have a hard time doing physical activities, and it interfears with your life, then perhaps it may be time to think about getting a exercise routine going.

Start off small... a few situps when you wake up, and a few before going ot bed. Take a small jog when you wake up and get dressed, this might help give you the alertness a healthy body should provide.

You can go to the gym maybe 2-4 times a week, this may not make you lose weight, but it will convert fat into muscle which actually weighs more then fat really. Once you get bored and can do these easly, try upping the chalenge by increaseing the amount of times you do it per day or the duration.

As for the girl, I know how you feel brah, I know a real good girl who I met on the net and shes comming to visit this summer, and I want to be looking my best for her, so everything I said I'm going to try to incorperate into my own lifestyle.

I hope this helps, and I hope you and that girl hit it off.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
Hello

thanx for reply first

Im 18 years old and i do go gym quite regulary and my upper half of my body is quite muscled but i do have bit of excess skin from when i lost my weight to fast.

energy wise im fine...its when i eat i feel fat and get down all the time....i go gym bout 3-5 times a week but recently i havnt had chance to do you think im jus addicted to the gym?
cos when i go i feel good bout myself
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2007
Thats a normal feeling I belive, I think it's the adrenaline and testosterone that give such a great feeling. Both are very healthy for a male. As for eating, try not to think of it too much, just eat what you need to keep your hunger down.

The excess skin is normal too, it will go away with time also, you can get it removed too I guess, but I don't know how much that would cost and if its safe or not.

Keep going to the gym and try to stay as active as you can; but always remember to keep some time for yourself to reflect on life and organize thoughts. I guess what im trying to say is don't use the gym as an excape from your own mind, because it can happen.

I hope my replies helped somewhat
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....