I've been m.D. Since I was 12. It started with anxity. I had started listining to nine inch nails when it came out in 1989. I was 8 at the time. My mom took me to the doctor and he said I had anxity. I told my dad and he teased me about it, told me I didn't have anxity. He blamed it on nine inch nails. Then in '92 I had to go back to the doctor because my anxity was getting worse. The doctor said I had manic depression. My dad still blamed it on nin. I'm now 27 and i've tried to kill myself at least 6 times. And i'm thinking about doing it again. I don't know if it's because i'm doing herion and am an alcoholic or i'm just a !**@! that should stop listining to nin.
Help.

---------------
i tried. I gave up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Manic Depressive
I honestly don't think it is the music at all. Have you gotten meds for this??? They really do help.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Manic Depression
nineinchnails277 wrote:
i've been m.D. Since I was 12. It started with anxity. I had started listining to nine inch nails when it came out in 1989. I was 8 at the time. My mom took me to the doctor and he said I had anxity. I told my dad and he teased me about it, told me I didn't have anxity. He blamed it on nine inch nails. Then in '92 I had to go back to the doctor because my anxity was getting worse. The doctor said I had manic depression. My dad still blamed it on nin. I'm now 27 and i've tried to kill myself at least 6 times. And i'm thinking about doing it again. I don't know if it's because i'm doing herion and am an alcoholic or i'm just a !**@! that should stop listining to nin.

Help.

---------------
i tried. I gave up.

heroin and alcohol are not good medications for any life altering problem. And definitely not for anxiety related issues. They will enhance anxiety - which is what you are trying to get away from, right?

Drugs are your choice. You choose to do them. You can choose to quit them. Music is music is music - and music never 'made' anyone do anything. You still have free will and freedom of choice.

There are tons of medications out there for both manic depression and anxiety. Help yourself. Go to a doctor and get some. Go to counseling/therapy. Get yourself away from the anxiety and depression. You can change your life.
|

Experienced User
Re: Manic Depressive
jaydensmommy wrote:
i honestly don't think it is the music at all. Have you gotten meds for this??? They really do help.

i am taking pills for this.
|

Experienced User
!**@! this. I'll just try and od again.
|

replied September 6th, 2006
Experienced User
If you're oding, then you're asking for help. It's not nin. I have every single cd trent has made. It can be depressing. Change your music up a little. Music affects my moods a lot. Throw an upbeat song in there once in a while. Check yourself into a rehab. Life will get better once you're off the drugs and have people who genuinely care about you.
|

Experienced User
ccris123 wrote:
if you're oding, then you're asking for help. It's not nin. I have every single cd trent has made. It can be depressing. Change your music up a little. Music affects my moods a lot. Throw an upbeat song in there once in a while. Check yourself into a rehab. Life will get better once you're off the drugs and have people who genuinely care about you.

easy for you to say, you have famaly and friends. I dont. I just feel like i'm falling into this vast abyss or this hole, and I cant climb out. I tried rehab, after a year or so, I couldnt take it. I just don't know what to do anymore. My gf left me, my parents died, I have no sisters, or cousins or anyother kind of famaly that wants to talk to me. They all say i'm a failure and a disgrase. Im beging to belive them. I dont know if I need to vent, get laid, smash some sht, or die. I cohearnt enough to come to this site everyday, but not enough to make friends. I dont get it.

Ps. Nin and apc are great bands and maybe keane
|

User Profile
You should get youself into a rehab maybe once or a few more times. I think that would be the best thing to do.

Billabong2
|

User Profile
And another thing im not trying to compare whos pain is worse so you dont have to tell me what youve tried to kill youself ive red your post.

Billabong2
|

Experienced User
My family lives hours away. I've been battling md episodes since I was 6 years old. I used to be the loner. Now, i've gone out and i've made friends. Drugs act as a barrier between you and the world. I know...Been there..Done that....Lost all my friends..Did the abusive relationship thingy because I didn't feel like I deserved better. It's in the past now. I learned sometimes you gotta fake being happy in order to gain a small sliver of happiness. If you can make yourself laugh once a week, then hope isnt lost. I still have slips where I fall into that dark hole again and I think things can never get better. Some of my best songwriting takes place during that time. Get yourself some help, get cleaned up, and see how the world changes just a little bit. I learned people want to help those who are trying to help themselves. Even if it's only a little.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Why do you keep talking so negatively when some of these people have given you some great advice, why not take it and go get yourself clean, go to rehab, show people that you are not a failure.

Good luck to you!

Get off of the heroin and alchohol, they are both downers, to me, get some professional help, it is out there for you!

We are here for you but we are not dr's.
Excuse me! Just a typo, I never said I was perfect (lol)
|

Experienced User
sandyallen wrote:
why do you keep talking so negatively when some of these people have given you some great advice, why not take it and go get yourself clean, go to rehab, show people that you are not a failure.

Good luck to you!

Get off of the heroin and alchohol, they are both downers, to me, get some professional help, it is out there for you!

We are her for you but we are not dr's.

uhh, 'we are her for you?' mmmmm, spellcheck!!!! Meh, thanks for the advice.

-----
i tried, I gave up
|

Experienced User
Hmm. And you wonder why you have no friends, etc? Try your attitude. You ask for advice, but you put everyone down who gives it to you. Once again, people help those who want to help themselves.
|

Experienced User
Okay.....Ummmmm, it was a joke......I said thanks for the advice....Nobody know how to take a joke :? :cry: makes me sad....
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....