User Profile
Hey there .. Look at this .. Makes interesting reading... Mercola.Com is a good site to go to for lots of health subjects.You can get his info sent regularly via email.

the bacteria in your gut might make you fat

this interesting new york times feature examines the emerging research on infectobesity -- the theory that microbes and viruses may be responsible for at least some instances of obesity.

If these are indeed a relevant factor, it could potentially change the way obesity is generally regarded.

One washington university professor likened the functioning of gut microflora in our bodies to that of an ant farm that.............
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Thank you very much for sharing this information, Yonx. This looks interesting as there are such causes for weight gain that most of the people aren't aware of.

So I guess that the modern weight loss product manufacturers as well as treatment practitioners would consider such possibilities while examining the body conditions of the patient.

Anyway, this is a good discovery and I think people looking for weight-loss treatment must be well aware of this possibility too so that they can end up in the right decision by knowing the actual cause of weight gain.

By the way, let me take a look at mayoclinic.com and check what they have to say in this concern.

Thank You very much...
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems. Body mass index (BMI), a measurement which compares weight and height, defines people as overweight (pre-obese) if their BMI is between 25 kg/m2 and 30 kg/m2, and obese when it is greater than 30 kg/m2.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....