I'm only 17 and since I started purberty at 11 I have had head aches at least once a week and a migrane 2 or 3 times a month. When I get them I get dizzy, I throw up, I can't even walk or open my eyes. Sometimes I even get a sharp pain from the front of my head down my shoulder. I've had ct scans but they came out normal. I miss alot of school because of them. I'll get to school and one will hit and i'll have to go home beacuse I can't concentrate. Some times they last days at a time. What could be causing these migrains to be so bad and frequent. The doctors haven't found anything. All they tell me is take double the dose of pain killers.. Which don't work half the time
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2006
I get frequent migraines as well. And some of my triggers are lack of sleep and hormones. You might want to track when you get your migraines, perhaps yours are hormonal as well. And you might want to ask your doctor about getting an abortive drug that gets rid of migraines rather than a pain killer that only masks the pain, and does not help with the other symptoms.... And can cause rebound headaches. Plus if they become frequent there are other drugs to consider, preventatives, to decrease the frequency of the migraines themselves. Migraine treatment can be a bit tricky at the beggining. Expecially when they are developing. It will help a lot if you can narrow down some of your triggers by keeping a headache journal.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....