Medical Questions > Parenting > Adoption Forum

rejected for adoption of a baby girl

User Profile
Yet again we we're up for a placement of a baby girl due in oct and were rejected and we are also 2nd on a list for a baby boy due in dec. And as we've heard nothing else for about two weeks we already know we weren't picked. I'm not sure how many more times I can deal with this. I can't even go into the nursery anymore. The door stays shut at all times. This is getting to be too much...All the time you read or are told about children being taken into state care or babies being left in bathrooms or dumpsters. And yet here we are a loving stable couple who want more than anything to have children and can't and still after years of trying and looking just can't get it to happen. Just having a low day and needed to vent some.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Dont give up. When the time is right and no one knows when that will be, but you will be blessed. Good things come to those that wait..
|

replied May 7th, 2013
I couldn't agree more. My parents were trying for eleven years before they adopted me.
|

replied August 29th, 2006
tazzy d wrote:
dont give up. When the time is right and no one knows when that will be, but you will be blessed. Good things come to those that wait..

tazzy is right, it will happen when god thinks your ready for it too. Be patent*
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
I know that there are people like you who will give someones child a stable home. And My daughter was adopted by a couple who seems to be alot like you. They tried and tried but she just could not carry to term. And along came me. I was able to bring pitter patter of little feet into their house and as much as it still hurts I know I made the right choice. They had been waiting for a child for almost 11 years and I chose them because they were the ones no one wanted to pick. Why I dont know. If someone like me could pick them, then your day will surely come. Just be patient. God is preparing you the right baby for your family. lots of luck.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
I am a birth mother as well and if you dont mind could I ask you a few questions about the agency you are going through. Why were you turned down? do they give you any reasons? Do you submit a letter for the birth mother to read that states who you are, your back ground, and why the two of you would like to adopt (except the reason of that you can't have any of your own) As a birth mother this is what the parents had to do through the agency that I had been with. If it isn't hard to talk about I would love to talk to you about my expierences and maybe I can help if you would like so PM me any time. By the way what a wonderful life you will provide for a child that can not be raised by the birth mother. children belong in a loving stable enviroment and people like the two of you allow that to happen. My boy was adopted by a family 12 years ago and he is spoiled rotten and I know I would have not been able to give him that life. good luck and again I would love to hear from you
|

replied September 25th, 2008
Never give up!
Dont give up you wlll get the child that is made for you, i know ts hard but just keep applying and you will get a child, i am an adopted child so any uestions ask me.

Good luck
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Oh dear, this is hard to hear. I totally agree... going through infertility for over 7 years, I often think the same. WHY on earth are there people doing horrible things to their babies, and yet we would LOVE to have one, but we can't. (couldn't). How come they are the fertile myrtles and pop out a baby every year, and I can't? Its angering.... and it really can get to you.
I am sorry for your loss, it is a huge loss. Feel free to vent, grieve, do whatever you need to do to get through this. Keep the nursery shut, there is nothing to be embarassed/worried about. This is a hard road, you need to do whatever you can to keep yourself strong and to help get through this.
I also agree with the others, your baby will arrive. God will bless you with the one you were meant to have. Waiting is the worst part, keep strong...
Lori
|