Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Ttc After Pill Usage (a Few Questions)

Hello,
i have a couple questions about cycles after birth control and early pregnancy symptoms.

As of tomorrow, my period will be 2 weeks late. I took a test this morning and it was negative. I have a question for those of you that were on the pill. I was on it for several years and stopped about 4 months ago. My concern is that for the first 3 months after going off the pill, my period came like clockwork and now it's 2 weeks late. I would think it would be wacky in the beginning but not 4 months later. I'm having alot of back pain, urinating more frequently and have a constant feeling of being full. I also am gassy, have a heartburn like feeling but it's a bit low to be heartburn and also have had a few days of a metallic taste in my mouth.

I know I could certainly just be talking myself into having these symptoms but i'm still a bit concerned about why i'm 2 weeks late. I wouldn't think at this point that it was too early to test but then again I read about women who don't test positive on a home pregnancy test for quite a while.

I called my doctor this am to make an appointment for a blood test and they said just to take a home test as they were "pretty accurate." when I explained that I had already and I was 2 weeks late, they weren't concerned. I haven't been happy with this doctor and think I should switch anyway.

So, i'm just curious as to what kind of cycles you had coming off the pill and also what your experiences were with negative hpts and actually being pregnant? Could it be possible that i've suddenly stopped ovulating for some reason, even after having 3 regular periods coming off this pill?

Thanks!
Amanda
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Hello. I got off the pill a few months ago also. My cycle stayed pretty regular until this month when I was nearly 3 weeks late. I took numerous home pregnancy tests and they were all negative and after taking a blood test my period showed up. When ttc with my first child a couple years ago I had some wacky cycles but for the most part they were pretty regular. You could just be having an off month or you could be pregnant. I wouldn't worry until you get the blood test back. With you being on the pill for awhile your body could just now be getting it out of your system and maybe that's why your period is late.
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Hello. I got off the pill a few months ago also. My cycle stayed pretty regular until this month when I was nearly 3 weeks late. I took numerous home pregnancy tests and they were all negative and after taking a blood test my period showed up. When ttc with my first child a couple years ago I had some wacky cycles but for the most part they were pretty regular. You could just be having an off month or you could be pregnant. I wouldn't worry until you get the blood test back. With you being on the pill for awhile your body could just now be getting it out of your system and maybe that's why your period is late. It can also depend on the type of pill you were taking.
|

replied August 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi, my name is chantal and I got off the pill about a year ago. I was on the pill for about 7 years straight. The first 3 months after my pill my period came like normal. Then it didnt come to june 3. And I have been spotting like every other week or so ever since. I am in the process of finding out whats wrong. Already did the ultrasound and some blood work now just waiting for the gyno. It is really frustraing ttc when you dont even know if you ovulate and what not. I hope that you find out at the doctors good luck
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....