Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Hysterectomy Help W/ Ibs? Migraines?

I am scheduled for a lavh next month due to severe adenomyosis, fibroids and a little endometriosis. (endo just finally dx'd ~ have had adeno. For years!) I also suffer from ibs. I've heard that endo can mimic symptoms of ibs ~ and that after hyst. That ibs symptoms can greatly improve. I've had tons of gi test and they've not said anythhing about adhesions, scarring from the endo. (all have been negative and show only ibs.)
also I suffer terribly from menstrual migraines ~ sometimes lasting up to one month. I've tried all kinds of remedies from natural to topomax with no relief. We are considering taking my ovaries also so I won't continue to have this flucation in hormones causing my migraines. Of course, she might have to take them anyway due to the endo (i have a call into her now so we can talk about that part further). Can't take hormones due to how they give me severe mood swings. Am on lexapro now. Very concerned also about hrt for same reason.
I know this is alot of questions ~ but very interested in seeing if anyone else has had a good outcome with these additional problems.
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2009
I had a hyst and it stop the migraines and the mood swings I say i had a brain transplant after the hyst the only side effect I had or have is hot flashes and night sweats. My doc in turn put me on hormones- Well to say the least it was just like I hadn had the surgeory at all. My point if you can deal with the hot flashes and night sweats do it just dont do any of hte Hormone replacement crap cause you sound just like me for some reason the hormones mess you up rahter they are your own or replacement I am so happy to have had it done I will take the hot flashes over the migraines, depression, mood swings, and just not being me for years. I am me again and loving life. I hope al lworks well for you I am 42 btw
|

replied September 21st, 2009
hysterectomy
i am 45 and scared that if i have this hysterectomy that i will still have maigranes. your the first i found that it works i dont know what to do
|

replied August 16th, 2010
I am 37 and had partial hyst a year ago. I had migrains before surgery and still have them now. The difference is I don't have them as often, and, when I do my meds seem to work where as before they only dulled the pain. I know it might not help to here this but ..so you know I would do it all over again. I was getting migrains every week and even sometimes several days in a row. Now I go as long as a month or longer without having any pain. I needed the hyst my uterus was 3-4 times the normal size due to fibroids. Personally the benefit out weighed the risk.
|
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....