Hi. I have recently been diagnosed with small protrusions in my mid thoracic spine. T4 through t9. All (5) protrusions are small, but are causing quite a bit of pain/numbness in my mid back and lower back area. My surgeon has informed me that due to the locations the herniations are not severe enough to merit surgery. He essentially told me that I would just have to deal with it until if/when the herniations become more severe. I start physical therapy next week. I had surgery performed on my neck a few years ago. I had an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion of c5/c6/c7 and have had pretty good results since the surgery. I have had some pain, but not severe enough to effect my day to day activities. The pain I am currently dealing with is quite severe at times and many days I go home early from work. I am in the engineering field and mostly sit at my desk or drafting table most of the day. I understand that thoracic disc herniations are not very common and multi-level thoracic disc herniations are even rarer. Just curious if anyone out there has any information that might be helpful. Hopefully the physical therapy and drug therapy will bring some relief.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...