I keep forgetting trivial things and I am wondering why. For example just today I left work and drove the ten minutes home I was debating whether or not I had punched out. It is really hard for me to recall what I had to eat the day before or even whether I talked to someone on the phone that day. Does anyone know what it going on? I am only 16 so I dont know what is going on.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2018
The most likely cause of your forgetfullness is the lack of proper attention on the details from your side, as in most cases you may be in auto-pilot mode, where you are going through the motion, but you may be thinking about something else in your mind.

Hence when you return to your sense you end up confused about your actual deeds.

This is not due to some defect of your neural system, but due to psychological self conditioning.

There is no need for any specific treatment in such situations, but just self management and paying proper attention to details while working would be ideal.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.