I had a csection 5 weeks ago and I thought my incision was pretty much healed, but now it is bleeding on one side. Is this normal and what should I do??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2006
Sorry. I was trying to ask a doctor. But any comments are welcome.
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2006
Supporter
Go to your doctor! If my be an infection of maybe you were doing too much and it pulled.
|

I had a c-section 9 weeks ago and at about 2 weeks, my incision got irritated (stuck to my underwear--ew!) and I kept putting polysporin on it. It got better and then at about 7 weeks the same thing happened again in the same spot! Always on the left side. This time it wasn't as bad and again I put polysporin on it and it got better. I think maybe there's a stitch under the skin that was just irritated. I think your probably ok but if you are really concerned, ask your doctor.
|

Especially eHealthy
She shouldnt have stitches left after 5 weeks.

She needs to go to the doctor. Thats not normal. Sounds like she over exerted herself a little. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but concerned enough to go to the doctor.
|

replied August 24th, 2006
Thanks! I have been over doing it a bit. It seems to have stopped since I haven't been carrying anything too heavy. It was only on the right side, in the corner. It isn't red or doesn't look infected at all. I called the Dr. And left a message, but haven't gotten a call back yet. I have my 6 week postpartum visit next week, so I will ask then. Thanks to all !!!
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I would advise you to take it easy and continue to wash the area with mild soap and water, and put some gauze there to help. Also I would def. Try to get intouch with the doctors office they are going to prob. Tell you that it is ok and it is healing fine. That is what mine told me anyways, but it is better to be safe then sorry. You def. Dont want to cause yourself to get a hernia or anything like that. Good luck to you and let us know the outcome
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...