Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Homeopathic Remedy For Gout

Gout and homoeopathy:

we have all encountered people referring to the pain in fingers and toes accompanied with swelling and with a difficulty in flexing and holding things disturbing their day to day activities. Well it could be gout.

What is gout?

Our body produces uric acid during metabolic activities and our kidney as a true soldier gets rid of all the waste through the system and retains all whatever is useful for the body.

Sometimes due to metabolic disturbance there is excessive production of uric acid.

Due to intake of certain foods too there is high percentage of uric acid in the blood.

Due to certain changes in the kidney on some occasions there is reduced filtration and uric acid tends to accumulate.

During all the above conditions this excessive uric acid finds its way into the joints and gets deposited there leading to the condition called gout.

The metabolic disturbance of gout is hereditary too.

It is common in obese people and in some cases associated with diabetes & hypertension.

Undue intake of certain medicines and during treatment of kidney failure with medicines like cyclosporine etc., uric acid increases.

Symptoms of gout:

the symptoms usually start with a sudden pain at night in the big toe. A second similar episode almost confirms gout.

After big toe if the uric acid is continues to be deposited it affects other toes, ankles, knees and also the fingers.

Due to this deposition in the connective tissues of the joints there is redness, tenderness, pain, swelling, stiffness of the affected joints and refuses to go away with any pain killers and no amount of hot or cold fomentations relieve the joints at all.

This hard nodosities in the joints are referred to as tophi.

This uric acid can also get collected in the urinary system causing calculus or stones.

Foods rich in uric acid:

people with gout should try to avoid decrease the amount of following foods.

Shell fish like prawns, lobsters, crayfish. Organ meats like brain, liver, kidney. Red meat etc. Amongst vegetables, peas and beans contain more uric acid.

Alcohol removes more water from the metabolism and thereby increases uric acid concentration. So it is better avoided.

What can homoeopathy do?

Homoeopathy has good remedies to reduce the uric acid levels in the blood and prevent further deposition in the joints. More important initially it can relieve pain. Any metabolic disorders can be corrected with proper homoeopathic medicines. By ascertaining the proper cause the kidney function can be improved to a certain extent to filter out more uric acid.

Dr. Venugopal gouri
bhms (bachelor of homeopathic medicine & surgery)
consultant homeopath
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Leli
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Uric Acid
I have high Uric acid which has steadily incresed over the last few years. I have no symptoms of gout. My kidney function tests are all Fine. I don't drink alcohol to excess & I drink decafeinated tea & coffee and eat very little red meat. Do you have a homeopathic remedy for lowering the uric acid when there are no other symptoms present?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....