I am 37 weeks preggers and I would love to know of everyones labor experiences. I am at the point where its all I think about and all I want to talk about!
Did anyone have any feelings of when they thought it was going to happen? Or did labor just hit with no warning? Are there any feelings you will get shortly before labor begins?
I am getting a little worried about the birth so any feedback would be great.
How did everyone feel in the days leading up to the birth? Some days I have so much energy and today I have none and I couldn't be bothered doing anything!
Look forward to hearing everyones thought and stories!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Its different for everyone, but the days before william was born I was feeling groggy and had loads of period pains and diarhhoa (sp?) I had sex on the 20th and by 1am on 21st I was having contractions and felt I needed the loo every five minutes, by 2am I knew it was contractions as they lasted a minute and came every 2 minutes. It just felt like really bad period cramps. I went into hospital at 4am and was 3cm dialted already and they put me on a monitor as williams heartbeat dropped, so I coulnt walk off my contractions which I was doing before. I was taken off the monitor and put straight in the delivery suite. I was on gas and air until I was 6cm dialted and then I had pethidine. At 4.55pm on 21st august I had my baby boy weighing 8lbs 2 1/2, he is now 8lbs 7 lol. I had a slight graze and had 1 stitch, which hurt when they did it as they didnt give me any pain relief. The labour wasnt as bad as I thought and would probably go through it again. Good luck with your labour x
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
rosejackson wrote:
its different for everyone, but the days before william was born I was feeling groggy and had loads of period pains and diarhhoa (sp?) I had sex on the 20th and by 1am on 21st I was having contractions and felt I needed the loo every five minutes, by 2am I knew it was contractions as they lasted a minute and came every 2 minutes. It just felt like really bad period cramps. I went into hospital at 4am and was 3cm dialted already and they put me on a monitor as williams heartbeat dropped, so I coulnt walk off my contractions which I was doing before. I was taken off the monitor and put straight in the delivery suite. I was on gas and air until I was 6cm dialted and then I had pethidine. At 4.55pm on 21st august I had my baby boy weighing 8lbs 2 1/2, he is now 8lbs 7 lol. I had a slight graze and had 1 stitch, which hurt when they did it as they didnt give me any pain relief. The labour wasnt as bad as I thought and would probably go through it again. Good luck with your labour x

woah thats wat I have right now, im 38 weeks and I have direah and feel just blah ( sick kinda) maybe the sex will help it along hehe
|

How do you feel today? Are you in labour? I am nearly 39 weeks now and still nothing! How silly does this sound, wish I felt like you! Ha, ha!
Congrats to rose on your baby boy.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Everyones experience is definalty different. With my first labor my labor pains started on labor day of 98 but were 15 min apart. Then the next day......Nothing. Although everytime I went to the bathroom it seemed like I was wiping ky jelly off of me. I called the doc and later that day found out that I had a slight hole in my placenta near the top and was immediatly induced. As for my second labor, she came very fast. I woke up around 7 am with pains that felt like someone was stabbing me in my stomach. It hurt too much for me to keep track of how often so at 9 when the doc office opened I called and they got me in right away. When I got there I was 9 centimeters. I had my daughter at 9:45am. My third labor was like my first in the sense that the labor pains just felt like braxton hicks. No pain at all. God bless having boys, lol it was a pretty simple labor. Although he was 5 weeks early. But healty in every way. And his came early due to a placental abruption. Woke up bleeding and rushed to hospital. I was releived to see the baby was okay on the monitor and ultrasound prior to delivery. Good luck with everyone elses deliveries. I'll be there again in may 2007 =)
|

replied November 13th, 2006
Wow
katiana wrote:
everyones experience is definalty different. With my first labor my labor pains started on labor day of 98 but were 15 min apart. Then the next day......Nothing. Although everytime I went to the bathroom it seemed like I was wiping ky jelly off of me. I called the doc and later that day found out that I had a slight hole in my placenta near the top and was immediatly induced. As for my second labor, she came very fast. I woke up around 7 am with pains that felt like someone was stabbing me in my stomach. It hurt too much for me to keep track of how often so at 9 when the doc office opened I called and they got me in right away. When I got there I was 9 centimeters. I had my daughter at 9:45am. My third labor was like my first in the sense that the labor pains just felt like braxton hicks. No pain at all. God bless having boys, lol it was a pretty simple labor. Although he was 5 weeks early. But healty in every way. And his came early due to a placental abruption. Woke up bleeding and rushed to hospital. I was releived to see the baby was okay on the monitor and ultrasound prior to delivery. Good luck with everyone elses deliveries. I'll be there again in may 2007 =)

what a story , and ur gonna do it again? Welll good luck....
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...