Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Alzheimer Disease Forum

Stem Cells As a Possible Cure Or Treatment For Alzheimers

This is usually a subject of controversy but seldom is it refrenced to personal experience. My friend nick delgado, who has been a fitness researcher here in southern california for over 25 years now... Has worked with several companies to find a way to use the miraculous power of stem cells, without using a moraly unsound source. Eventually, and recently he developed a way to extract stem cells from umbilical cords. These tend to be better than the previous way to gather them (which was fairly disgusting and involved fetuses) and also these stem cells are better because they do not contain the dna codings that those which were of the fetus origin had.

This is truly the best treatment I have ever personally witnessed. Restoring everything from skin elasticity (removing wrinkles) to muscle density, bone mass, eyesight, heart problems, nervous system damage, brain damage... Anything physical. Ofcourse due to the nature of stem cells themselves, its relative to each individual... However I have never seen anyone who did not have excellent results from umbilical cord stem cells and I have been studying this for 2 years.

If you want to get serious about finding help with this kind of alternative treatment, email me..And ill answer anyquestions you may have.

Edit
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2007
Re: Stem Cells As a Possible Cure Or Treatment For Alzheimer
jordan111 wrote:
this is usually a subject of controversy but seldom is it refrenced to personal experience. My friend nick delgado, who has been a fitness researcher here in southern california for over 25 years
edit

stem cells have huge obsticles to overcome, let alone the contreversy its currently going through. Big pharmas are spending huge resources in r&d to developign treatments. By 2015 there will be definately advances in this field.
|

replied August 28th, 2008
Stem Cells
Hi,

I see this post was put on a long time ago so not sure if you are still around but thought I would reply anyway.

We (my boyfriend and I) had our son's umbilical cord blood stored when he was born in 2006 in the hope that one day these can be used for treatment for dementia.

My boyfriend is 37 and has a history of early onset dementia - his dad, his grandad, his auntie and his cousin all developed pre senile dementia in their late 30's and had all passed away by the time they were 42 yrs old.

My boyfriend is very forgetful and misplaces a lot of things. We are hoping this is normal but its always on our minds that he too may be developing early signs of dementia.

He is thinking of having the test done to see if he has this faulty gene but he is not sure what to do for the best.
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2008
Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about the possibility of early onset dementia. My grandmother experienced Alzheimers 2 years before she passed. It was very sad. So I can understand your concern.

Have you sought advice from a geriologist or psychologist for the support that you many need to provide as a caregiver? What kind of tests is he taking?
|

replied September 1st, 2008
Thanks to you all for your replys.

I think in the future stem cell treatmet will definately have advanced and may be able to help. We have our son's umbilical cord blood stored for the stem cells and these are in storage for the next 25 years. Although unfortunately this may all be too late for him.

I think there is a genetic test that can be done to see if he has the faulty pre senil 1 gene as this is the gene thats past down through generations with pre senile dementia. He hasn't been to the doctors yet but he seems sure he wants to know, this way there may be medicine that can prolong and help him.

I haven't looked into what support we will get, or how we would be able to manage financially.
|
Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....