Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

I Don't Even Feel Pregnant.

So if any of you have read any of my other questions, then you know that I had gone for an abortion at five weeks and they found nothing in my uterus and told me to come back in a week. So I have an appointment to go back on thursday. The strange thing is, since this has happened, in the last two days, I don't even feel pregnant. I mean, my nipple soreness has finally shown up, and I haven't gotten my period yet, but every other sign is gone. Mentally, I just simply do not feel pregnant. I even have myself convinced that i'm not. Do I sound like I belong in the looney bin? My friend was telling me about a hysterical pregnancy. Are these really possible? I have felt so good I have forfeited the idea of a tubal pregnancy. I think that was made up in my head and translated into my body. What do you guys think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: I Don't Even Feel Pregnant.
dramaqueen wrote:
so if any of you have read any of my other questions, then you know that I had gone for an abortion at five weeks and they found nothing in my uterus and told me to come back in a week. So I have an appointment to go back on thursday. The strange thing is, since this has happened, in the last two days, I don't even feel pregnant. I mean, my nipple soreness has finally shown up, and I haven't gotten my period yet, but every other sign is gone. Mentally, I just simply do not feel pregnant. I even have myself convinced that i'm not. Do I sound like I belong in the looney bin? My friend was telling me about a hysterical pregnancy. Are these really possible? I have felt so good I have forfeited the idea of a tubal pregnancy. I think that was made up in my head and translated into my body. What do you guys think?

you still need to keep your appointment. If you tested positive for pregnancy, an hysterical pregnancy isn't likely.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You need to know that not all women even get morning sickness!

Also , morning sickness doesn't usually show up until around 6-7 weeks.You are not that far along yet. Keep the appointment.
|

No, I realize I am physically pregnant. I am saying mentally I do not feel pregnant. I feel exactly like I did before I got pregnant, minus the nipple soreness. I think emotionally, I feel like if they could have done it this last thursday, I would no longer be pregnant now. The fact that I went and it would have already been done barring the circumstances is affirmation of my decision. I feel in ways like I have already moved on from it, like I am not pregnant. I am still freaking out about the physical of having the abortion. I am worried because I want to feel this way after the procedure, I am hoping I guess mentally I will still feel this way, that I won't be "crashing and burning" in the reality of it. I have been smiling and laughing some again, instead of crying uncontrollably. The idea of a hysterical pregnancy is far fetched. It sure is a nice fantasy though. I wonder how many other women have felt this way after or just before an abortion. That's all.
|

Especially eHealthy
It isn't uncommon for women to not feel pregnant, whether they are keeping the pregnancy or not. I'm glad you feel at peace with your decision. You may go through many different feelings in the next few weeks - and that will all be completely normal.

Good luck!

And 2 1/2 days is really enough after an abortion to go back to work. Some women go back the next day - even to standing work.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...