I have had so many unexplainable problems for the past 13 years. At age 33 it started off with flulike symptoms that led into reoccuring joint and muscle pains that travel throughout my body. Also I feel toxic or poisoned when this occurs. It could be severe pain in a single toe or an entire shoulder. These episodes of pain occur every 2 to 3 months without fail. Each part of my body has been hit by this. Last week it was the left side of my head and jaw. I also get fatique, and always a day of diarrhea. Each episode starts off with waking me up in the middle of the night with the shakes and palpitations. Sometimes my arms and some fingers get numb. I get a horrid feeling knowing its gonna start all over again and I get sick with fear.
It lasts anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks in duration. My rheumatologist, and family doctor hesitate to work with me properly. Mainly because they have no answers and don't want to feel inadequate.

Recently my new neurologist did an emg and found that I had axon neuropathy. I am not a diabetic nor an alcoholic. Zero consumption of alcohol as of this time in my life! (we'll see about later). He is suggesting I get a biopsy of both my sural nerve and gastrocnemius muscle.

I have had a possitive ana and elevated sed rate in the past. Not an extreme number but questionable. My ana was speckled for 10 years. The last 2 tests show it is normal now. Lupus was always a question but never persued. I do have hashimotos thyroiditis.
Anybody have any clues or ideas? All my labs are normal. The mri I had of my head abd spine were normal as well.
My dietary changes include taking away all dairy and meats. This has not helped at all. An extra tidbit of info here...While I was pregnant 7 years ago I had no symptoms for the 8 months I was pregnant!!!! What is with that?
Any information would be appreciated. I dont know how much more I can take.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with somatoform pain disorder. You would need SSRI like flouxetine to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.