I was just wondering if anyone is experiencing this major back ache ive gained about 25 lbs on my body since pre pregnancy but just the last two nights ive been having major back ache like it just wont go away .. My sister said it could be labour working its way in cuz my placenta is on the backwall and I am supposed to have more back labour then anything (which sucks) I was juts wondering if anyone was experiencing this too or if it is just me.. I go to the doctors tommorow so ill be asking what it is then .

Chantelle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
The last trimester is the worst time for backache! Your increasing size is usually to blame.

I never heard of back labor from your placenta being on the back wall. The baby's position is what causes back labor. If baby is facing up towards your belly ...Then the back of his/her head will press on the hard bones in your back...Causing back labor. However if baby is facing your back....Then the hard part of the head won't be pressing on that.

What causes back labor?

The cervix dilating and effacing and possibly the pressure of the fetus on the tailbone causes back labor. When the uterus contracts in the early stages of labor, the pain may be a radiating pain. This pain may radiate from the front to the back (more common) or from the back to the front. If you had the type of radiating pain from the front to the back, you are more likely to have back labor during the active or transitional phase of labor.
|

Experienced User
Hey thanks for the reply

i completely forgot to mention that he is breeched too lol not just because the placenta is on the back wall.. Sorry *
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I had pain in my back with both of my pregnancy's do to weight and pressure my back was inward why my stomach was outwards but mysciatica nerve in my back and going down into my leg was worse and it always seems liike the like that area the best!
All the best to you and your!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
All I know about back labour is when the baby is facing the wrong direction (its back against your back) and you have contractions it could make your back hurt more so than usual in labour as my mum had that with my sister. She had to be put on a drip to hurry things along and also had to have forceps. I hope this helps good luck at the doctors tomorrow x
|

replied August 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Thank you rosejackson I have read alot of your posts I dont post much I just usually read unless there is something I can relate to or have something new and exciting happening to me .. But I was reading one post about youg oing into labour?,,, how did that go at the hospital ..A s I see you are home now.. I hope that my lil guy turns so that I dont have back labour.. Yikes! Im already really nervous about labour
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...