I am getting ready to begin birth control pills and was placed on the sunday start pack. On sunday night, I noticed a little pink but nothing heavy and it was only one time. However, somewhere between sunday night when I went to bed and monday I got my period. So should I have begun taking the pills on sunday b/c I saw the beginning of my period or should I start taking them this sunday. I was told to take them the sunday after my period started, unless it began on a sunday then I should take them then. So should I take them this sunday or just wait til next month
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2006
It says on my pack to start on the day you get your period. My doctor said to start on the third day of your period. So i'd ask your doctor. Maybe someone here cna help you.

You don't have to start on a sunday. They say to start on sunday because then you will not have your period on the weekend. Or something like that.
|

replied August 17th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I've noticed a lot of similar posts recently. Anyway... Start when ever you want to, is the basic lesson of all of this. If you start during your period, then you are immediately protected. Othwerwise, you should use additional protection for 1-2 weeks.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...