I was wondering if anyone has had this reconstructive surgery. I have this deformity and my isurance is going to cover it. The doctor said I would have a breast lift and augmentation and also said something about releasing the breast tissue. If anyone knows anything about this, I was wondering you could tell me about it. Im getting kinda nervous and would like to know how the results were. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Breast Surgery
Hi! I am very sorry to hear about your deformity! I hope the surgery goes well for you hon. :) I have had breast surgery about 12 years ago, but mine was a reduction. I was larger than an f and had constant neck and upper back pain. On me, they did what is called a key-hole procedure. Basically cutting off my areola's/nipples and cutting the areola's down to size to match my new sized breasts. They cut from the bottom of my areola's down to the bottom of my breasts and across the bottom. Some people scar and others have very little scarring. If you smoke you are more likely to have more severe scars, though. Anyhow, the only problem I had after my surgery was that I could not lie on my stomach or on my sides. (leaning more towards the front while on my side) I also could not wear an underwire bra for over a year afterwards. I found that exercise bra's were much more comfortable to me!! I did have alittle draining after my surgery from the incision area's, but that was normal. I am now completely healed with no problems. Good luck to you!
Jeannine
|

replied August 16th, 2006
Thank you for responding back to me. How was the pain afterwards? I have a 8 1/2 month old and my husband is in iraq so I dont have him to help me. But I have all of my family. So how long will it be before I can pick him and play with him again, do you have an idea? Also will the stuff they give me for pain make me too drowsy? Ive had pain relievers but im sure it will be alot stronger. Thanks!
|

replied August 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Breast Surgery
Hi :) to answer your questions...I had a almost 2 yr old and a 4 month old when I had my breast reduction. I could hold ashley (she was about 2 at the time), but I had to be careful so that she wouldnt press on my breasts..I could also hold my 4 month old (haley) but once again, I had to be careful of the pressure. I found that after my surgery I walked hunched forward for alittle while ...That was because I was so use to throwing my back, backwards so that I could stand up straight! Right after my surgery (while in the hospital) I was on a morphine drip...It helped big time! But it always put me to sleep. I believe they gave me vicodin for at home. It helped somewhat and did not make me tired. (i have a high tolerance to pain meds and pain though) you can request something that will not make you tired since you still have small ones. Good luck to you!

Jeannine :)
|

replied February 12th, 2009
dent in my breast
i had a breast reduction 8wks ago, and the right breast where my scar goes from the nipple to under my breast is denting in,my ps says that it will even out, and it is still swollen, but im not happy with it, and it looks weird, has anyone else had that happen?
|

replied February 15th, 2009
I was just diagnosed with a Tubular Breast Defect >_< . . . well actually its been a few months .. but i figured insurance would just write it off as a cosmetic surgury and not pay for anything if i tried to have it corrected .. Insurance does pay for it tho? O_O If so .. U R SOOO MY HERO

-tackle hugs then wanders off to do more research-
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Emotional drain
I have tubular deformed breasts and have battled subconsciously whether or not to have it surgically fixed for years now. I don't want huge breasts, I just want to feel normal. I don't want to shop in the children's section for bras. I want a push-up to actually push something up (not have the padding fill in empty space). I want to buy shirts or dresses and have the top fit without getting it altered or becoming too discouraged clothes shopping that I cry in the dressing rooms. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror when I get out of the shower without seeing a coned pair of breasts. I know many people might think it is vain to want implants. I don't want them to look pretty...I just want to feel normal.
|