Hi everyone! Ok. .Im getting a little annoyed with myself. Ive gained quite a bit sense during my pregnancy so far (about 10 lbs) im 13 weeks.. Anyhow, im trying to stay healthy and I dont want to gain anymore then I have to... But I crave certain foods all the time. .Like today, and yesterday, I am craving q'doba (mexican food place) which is high in fat and cals im sure.... I want to eat healthy tho and only gain what I have to.. But when I have these cravings, their to the point where absolutely nothing else sounds good and I want to eat nothing else except for what im craving...Their bad.. I mean, its like me, my head, or my body wont let me except any other food! But how can I keep from gaining extra fat if I keep giving in??? If I dont give in, its like idont want to eat anything at all then. Is this normal??? I feel like a immature little baby who needs to have their way. . Lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Experienced User
Ok well first of all right when you feel these cravings, eat something similar but healthier, like if your craving a soft taco from taco bell, try a shredded beef instead. Try foods with less fat and less grease. See if that helps! Don’t go too long without eating at least something small, it will cut down the cravings.
|

Experienced User
Hey there-- pregnancy is all about the baby not your self-- so what if you gain some pounds you have to in order to keep a healthy baby -- I know that its hard looking at your self with a little extra wieght but-- think of the outcome-- thats what its all about the baby from here on out-- its perfectly normal to eat fatty things--- I think that when your pregnant you should eat whatever you want to- then after the baby is born you can diet-- if you want too but please dont woryy about it when your pregnant girlfriend-- ive never seen a skinny pregnant girl-- have you?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol you girls are right.. Thanks alot. I got q'doba tonite.. But I just didnt finish the whole huge meal like ive been doing. But I ate plenty*
|

Extremely eHealthy
I want fruit snacks...

Sorry I had to put my two pennies Laughing in
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...