Ok so I just wanted to know if u can get pregnant while on your period... I had sex a couple days ago when I was just getting off my period and yes it was without a condom and yes he did cum in me a couple times... So how good are tha chances of me being pregnant? Please help! :?: :? :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You can get pregnant any time you have unprotected sex
|

Ok... Ppl were telln me that u cant.. That there was no possible way to get pregnant while on ur period...
|

It is less likely that you will get pregnant while on you period as the lining of the womb is coming away and thats what a period is but it is possible. Having your period is not a form of bc.
|

It was my last day of bein on my period... I was just spotting... Its only been 2dayz ago and im off my period.. Does that make a difference?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I doubt it'll make less of a difference but I wouldnt worry unless you have missed your next period
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
No, it doesn't make a difference.

Unless you are a dedicated "charter" charting your temps, cervical mucus, cycle and other bits and bobs, you can not know when you are ovulating.

Typically women ovulate 14 days before their period and from 5 days before to 2 days after is a period of "high fertility".

Unless you know exactly when you ovulate you should always assume you are fertile and at risk of pregnancy.

Women can and do ovulate at many different times this can also change within the same woman.

Pregnancy is not the only risk carried with un-protected sex - you place yourself at a high risk of infections and diseases.

When you allow a man to enter you - you are not only sleeping with him but all of his previous partners and all of their partners and so as well.

If your fella only slept with one girl before, how are you to know she didn't sleep with 20 men before him? Did she use protection? Does one of those guys have an infection? If so your fella could be carrying it and passing it on to you.

Before having unprotected sex get your fella (and yourself) checked out for infections and diseases first, then be sure you can trust the other not to sleep with someone else.
Then worry about pregnancy - some infections can render you infertile as well as making life uncomfortable, some infections are incurable - herpes, hiv, etc.
|

Yea... Im a teenager too and ppl have told me that teen gurl ovulate at different times
|

replied August 17th, 2006
Hey
You can pretty much get pregnant at any time. Some girls ovulate at different times, but still you can get pregnant at any time, so I would just be careful!
|

replied August 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
You can get pregnant during any day of your cycle. However the "unsafe days" are during ovulation and the chances are greatest at that time. Sperm can also live for several days. The amount of "unsafe days" depends on how long your periods are.

Oh and the people who tell you you cant get pregnant on your period obviously don't know jack about reproduction. Hopefully they aren't having unprotected sex.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...