For about a year now, I have been having sharp pains behind my left ear. They tend to come about when either I lean over or do any movement really fast. You can feel the pressure pains behind my ear. The pain isn't constant at all, it only lasts when I bend over or any sudden movement. Its just on that one side. They come and go at different times. I have gone months without having one, but lately it has happened a lot. I hardly ever get headaches other than this pain. I am getting an app. To the doctor next week. What could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2006
Experienced User
You may have a sever ear infection...Or swimmers ear..Your doctor will clear this up...
|

Could an ear infection last a year or so?
|

Experienced User
Yes if it goes untreated
|

replied May 15th, 2009
sharp pain behind left ear.
I have sharp intense pain behind my left lower ear.I experience this when I am sleeping.I awake in pain and it dosen't stay long.I don't have it all the time.I have been experiencing this for a few years now.I just try to ignore it or I'll try to massage it and it goes away.Any ideas.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....