User Profile
Man, my belly has just been expanding like a balloon latily.. And I cant stay comfertable that long anymore either *sigh*... Im getting sick of having a big belly too.. I wanna be my skinny self and wear my normal summer clothes and run around... I'm also getting very impatient I want to meet my little man sooo badly... Gahh... I wish it was november so I could have my lil man and start working on my stomach... I just hope it dosnt get alot of streach marks.. So far I dont have a single mark!! Woo hoo.. But some people are telling me sometimes you dont get any marks till after the baby is out.. That is scaring me..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Very true..I bragged about not having strech marks..And I went a week late and like two days before I went into the hospital they just starting popping up..Although I only have a few ..And they are hardly noticable ..Just dont brag to soon :)..Cause those little boogers will come out of nowhere and surprise you..
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Mine only appeared 2 days after trey was born but they're barely noticeable now.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Man,i think i'm gonna have monsterous marks!Both my sister had them bad. Did you gus work out at all?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Haha work out?...Nnoooo I ate tons of food my whole pregnancy...And gained only like 23 or 24 pounds my whole pregnancy...But afterwards I didnt have time to work out..Dealing and getting use to the new addition...And I was a single mom for the first four months..--but my weight went back down by itself ...I now weigh like 5-7pounds more...But that dont bother me..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah this is one of the thoughts i'm most preoccupied with, getting thin again after the baby, and hoping I don't get stretch marks.

I'm going to be a single mom and I doubt i'll find time for myself to try to fix my body... Though i'm hoping breast feeding and veganism will help me get a bit of the weight off and my old body back... I'm really sick of my pregnancy body too, I just feel nasty like a cow and most my old clothes I can't comfortable fit into anymore. It just makes me feel disgusting and ugly and makes me not even want to go out unless it's some place I can just wear sweats to. Apparently breast feeding helps you get your old body back faster.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well not to burst anyones bubble..But you will never get your old body back..And I know it sucks to hear that but its the truth...I was also the same way when I was pregnant---wishing to be small again and all that..Which I only weigh 5-7 pounds more ..But weight isnt the only thing that changes when you pregnant..I can also feel a difference just by bending down and things like that...Your whole body works in a different way after having a baby...My periods are much worse,my back starts hurting faster,i get headaches easily,i get tired faster..Things like that i've noticed since having jace..I got strech marks at the very end of my pregnancy but now they have faded and arent easily seen..But still me knowing that they are there bothers me ..Because I was so use to having that perfect body--haha but not now!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think most girls just want to look as good as they can after pregnancy. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure most don't expect to go back to exactly how they were before, but just look the best that they can achieve.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well actually alot of girls think they can go back to the exact same..Because I sure thought I would..But thats just a joke to me now..

I just think its a let down to some when they dont look the same..But I was just stating that it will never be the same..Although you can look good after having a baby--it just takes time and exercise..And when you have a newborn and you are single ..Like in my case for the first four months...Its really hard..Finding time for yourself..So that would be my reason for not losing all the weight..But like I said it doesnt bother me being a few pounds over the weight I was before jace...But its just depends on the type of person you are...If you are lazy then your going to stay big...And if you are willing to be active and try ..Then more than likely you will get back down to your normal weight...Just like I told my friend who had a baby and is still sort of big..She asked me how I got back down and I told her straight up..It takes time and work...Its simple to say and hard to do:)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Actually, my body looked a lot better after I had my daughter, mainly becuz I actually started to take care of myself and try to make my body nicer. I was pre-pregnancy weight again after my daughter and I actually toned up and looked nicer.

I got 3 stretchmarks on each hip. They went away (i used a massage technique) but my sis got them reaaally bad so even though your sis got em bad doesn't mean that you will. It all depends on your skin and how much weight you gain and what not.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Okay some of you are taking my post wrong...What I mean by your body will never be the same..Im not meaning it cant look the same...Im saying that it will never feel or work the same..Because having a baby does a big number on your body...Not saying everyone feels like sh*t after a baby just saying that I find things have changed since I had my son..
|

Especially eHealthy
I grew when I was pregnant. Like about an inch! And, maybe because of my age or whatever, but my feet also grew about a half a size and stayed that way. So it wasn't just 'swelling'.

It is true, your body is rarely the same. Even if you lose all the weight, you may not ever fit into those size 4's because your hips will naturally be larger (due to having a baby shoved through them). Also? Whether you breast feed or not, your boobs are going to be saggy and softer.

Just the facts ;) babies are worth it though. ;)
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Haha true true true about the boobs...Yuck I hate that..They are so much different looking and feelings...I seriously would love that to change but the only way that will ever happen is if I did plastic surgery..Which I would probably wait for that because I dont want to end up pregnant again and they go back to flab..
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Holy Cow
oh_mommy wrote:
man, my belly has just been expanding like a balloon latily.. And I cant stay comfertable that long anymore either *sigh*... Im getting sick of having a big belly too.. I wanna be my skinny self and wear my normal summer clothes and run around... I'm also getting very impatient I want to meet my little man sooo badly... Gahh... I wish it was november so I could have my lil man and start working on my stomach... I just hope it dosnt get alot of streach marks.. So far I dont have a single mark!! Woo hoo.. But some people are telling me sometimes you dont get any marks till after the baby is out.. That is scaring me..

use lots of cocoa butter or shea butter. Get vitamin e capsules, break them, and rub the oil on your thighs, breasts, and arms. I have never been pregnant but I did lose a great deal of weight when I was 16. Seven years later I still have some scarring from them but they are less noticable than back then.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Not to brag or anything, but my body hasn't changed since my kids. I also never got but 1 tiny stretch mark. I consider myself really lucky, it could have something to do with only gaining 15lbs with both of my pregnancies though.

I used cocoa butter and it worked great on me.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yeah.. I dont care about gaining any weight.. I was only 80-something lbs when I got pregnant, and im 100lbs now so its going good.. I just want a flat stomach again lol.. .. Is there actually anything that works for streachmark prevention or is it all a bunch of money grabbing scams?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
oh_mommy wrote:
yeah.. I dont care about gaining any weight.. I was only 80-something lbs when I got pregnant, and im 100lbs now so its going good.. I just want a flat stomach again lol.. .. Is there actually anything that works for streachmark prevention or is it all a bunch of money grabbing scams?
nothing will prevent them.Some people just get lucky and don't get stretch marks.You just have to deal with them if you get em
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...