Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

People Keep Asking Us " Am I Pregnant".. (Page 1)

User Profile
Sorry, but I see the same posts over and over again :p. If you dont know if you're pregnant or not, plz just take a pregnancy test from the drug store, we can not tell u if u are or not, so instead of taking the time to type out a post, go to the store and take a test. And if you dont wana get pregnant go on birth control!! Not trying to be mean or anything but just take a test, or go to the doctors ladies.. Sorry but had to vent...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Re: People Keep Asking Us " Am I Pregnant"..
There is no need for that so what if someone asks that why does it bother you so bad. If it does to no end then get off the site that is what half the questions are or here is an idea dont read them but dont write some ignorant letter that is going to upset people.
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Patty, shes not trying to be mean shes just tired of seeing the same old stuff. I know this is a pregnancy site and we're here to help, but shes just saying that theres a sticky at the top of the forum that says "signs and symptoms of pregnancy" and thats clearly the only thing we can say to people to help them. Shes not trying to be rude, but shes venting and shes allowed to do that, just as they are allowed to post all of the "am I pregnant" questions that they want. Sucks but thats the way it is
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Actually the "signs of pregnancy" topic doesn't lead anywehre helpful at all, I tried there already. So, my question: is there increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy? White, milky discharge?

Also how common is it to have a period requiring a tampon and/or pads during pregnancy?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
eiri wrote:
actually the "signs of pregnancy" topic doesn't lead anywehre helpful at all, I tried there already. So, my question: is there increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy? White, milky discharge?

Also how common is it to have a period requiring a tampon and/or pads during pregnancy?

hey hun umm..Bleeding that much during pregnancy usually isnt good :s id see ur doctor right aways..And yes there is increase in discharge. How far along are u??
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
eiri wrote:
actually the "signs of pregnancy" topic doesn't lead anywehre helpful at all, I tried there already. So, my question: is there increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy? White, milky discharge?

well it saves them from asking the same question that another one just asked.All they have to do is look for someone asking the same question as them,its not hard. . .Also,hmmm, saying "my boyfriend nutted in me can I be pregnant?" well he nutted in you so yes.Their damn question answers itself!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
eiri wrote:

well it saves them from asking the same question that another one just asked.All they have to do is look for someone asking the same question as them,its not hard. . .Also,hmmm, saying "my boyfriend nutted in me can I be pregnant?" well he nutted in you so yes.Their damn question answers itself!
|

Especially eHealthy
Actually i'm being bad and trying to "psychically" ask you all if I am pregnant, so thank you ;) it was lighter and shorter than usual, but lasted 3 and a half days, and it definately wasn't pink. I'm on the pills, but there was a screw up. I've had two fairly normal periods since then (infact the first one was extemely normal but that was the day after the possibly unprotected sex), but increased discharge followed in the next month.
|

Especially eHealthy
eiri wrote:
actually i'm being bad and trying to "psychically" ask you all if I am pregnant, so thank you ;) it was lighter and shorter than usual, but lasted 3 and a half days, and it definately wasn't pink. I'm on the pills.

you are on birth control pills?

If so, that can make your period considerably lighter and shorter. If it came on time, I highly doubt you would be pregnant. Especially if you are taking your pills on time consistently.
|

Especially eHealthy
I've been on bcp's over a year now, so it wouldn't make sense for it to suddenly be shortening my period. The mistake I made was skipping week two of the pills, on accident. I took the last pill of week one and then (through a switcheroo of packs because I forgot mine at home) I took the first pill of week three, and so on. I didn't discover this mistake until week two... Of the next month. Because I figured "hey, this new pack, I started half way through. I'll just start up with week one of this pack, take it until the point in which i'd done the switch over, and everything will be copasetic and I won't have wasted two half-packets of pills. I get to the end of week two, because that's how much was in the pack, and go back and look at the old pack, since it should only have week three pills, because that's where I thought I was, so that's where i'd started on the new pack. Well, the old pack had, terrifyingly, all of week two still in it, which means when I picked upthe new pack, i'd skipped week two. Well, I didn't take all of these week two pills, because this time around, that would have meant that i'd be taking two weeks of week-two pills, and that's not good, since I was supposed to be starting week three now, as I had just finished week two on the other pack. So I went on to week three, and since I had the packets to compare, I knew this time that I was actually right. But of course now, I knew that last month my cycle had only consisted of week one and week three pills, so I freaked out, even though i'd gotten a totally normal period. Now, it's been that whole normal month of taking the pills the right way, and i've had yet another period. However, this one was lighter, not by much, and lasted three and a half days, which is about a day shorter than normal. I also had unusually heavy discharge last month, that stopped promptly when I got onto the week three pills. I am on week one pills once again, and my discharge has been a little heavy, but nothing too unusual, not yet anyway.
|

Experienced User
I really dont understand what the big deal is some girls that are ttc get excited and just want to ask if they are or maybe have had a similaiar problem/ sympton and just need advice. Yes there are sites and the sticky but some people just like to be told individualy and if bothers you then why read it or even post on it, just ignore the post, many posts go unanswered for awhile. Not trying to vent but I understand bc im one ttc and often think to myself am I preggo, maybe ill ask someone....
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i want to be a mommy wrote:
i really dont understand what the big deal is some girls that are ttc get excited and just want to ask if they are or maybe have had a similaiar problem/ sympton and just need advice. Yes there are sites and the sticky but some people just like to be told individualy and if bothers you then why read it or even post on it, just ignore the post, many posts go unanswered for awhile. Not trying to vent but I understand bc im one ttc and often think to myself am I preggo, maybe ill ask someone....
yeah well its usually teens asking the same thing over and over and asking it very stupidly. "my boyfriend caqme in me can I be prg?" come one now? Uh the answer is yes.Or the ones who say they are having symptoms 2 days after sex,its really rediculous and annoying after a while of seeing it.If your ttc and your older and you know your chances fine,but all we are going to say in the end is get a test.I don't know how that helps any,its something you already know
|

Especially eHealthy
eiri wrote:
i've been on bcp's over a year now, so it wouldn't make sense for it to suddenly be shortening my period. The mistake I made was skipping week two of the pills, on accident. I took the last pill of week one and then (through a switcheroo of packs because I forgot mine at home) I took the first pill of week three, and so on. I didn't discover this mistake until week two... Of the next month. Because I figured "hey, this new pack, I started half way through. I'll just start up with week one of this pack, take it until the point in which i'd done the switch over, and everything will be copasetic and I won't have wasted two half-packets of pills. I get to the end of week two, because that's how much was in the pack, and go back and look at the old pack, since it should only have week three pills, because that's where I thought I was, so that's where i'd started on the new pack. Well, the old pack had, terrifyingly, all of week two still in it, which means when I picked upthe new pack, i'd skipped week two. Well, I didn't take all of these week two pills, because this time around, that would have meant that i'd be taking two weeks of week-two pills, and that's not good, since I was supposed to be starting week three now, as I had just finished week two on the other pack. So I went on to week three, and since I had the packets to compare, I knew this time that I was actually right. But of course now, I knew that last month my cycle had only consisted of week one and week three pills, so I freaked out, even though i'd gotten a totally normal period. Now, it's been that whole normal month of taking the pills the right way, and i've had yet another period. However, this one was lighter, not by much, and lasted three and a half days, which is about a day shorter than normal. I also had unusually heavy discharge last month, that stopped promptly when I got onto the week three pills. I am on week one pills once again, and my discharge has been a little heavy, but nothing too unusual, not yet anyway.

take a pregnancy test. If you were to be pregnant, it would be positive by now.

If you have screwed with your hormones, then it seems likely your body would experience a hormone imbalance which would indeed make your period lighter and shorter.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I even made a sticky "before posting am I pregnant". The reason it's so annoying is because...How are we supposed to tell you. People know what the different symptoms are andif they think they are preggo then test. That's what I did. I only joined here after finding out I was pregnant.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
i even made a sticky "before posting am I pregnant". The reason it's so annoying is because...How are we supposed to tell you. People know what the different symptoms are andif they think they are preggo then test. That's what I did. I only joined here after finding out I was pregnant.
in another post a girl said that sticky didn't give her enough info. . .W/e
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I totally agree with u, it ttly annoys me too. As we aint doctors!!! Dont worry when people askl, I say take a test we aint doctors.!
Im gald u posted this

laura_friesen wrote:
sorry, but I see the same posts over and over again :p. If you dont know if you're pregnant or not, plz just take a pregnancy test from the drug store, we can not tell u if u are or not, so instead of taking the time to type out a post, go to the store and take a test. And if you dont wana get pregnant go on birth control!! Not trying to be mean or anything but just take a test, or go to the doctors ladies.. Sorry but had to vent...
|

replied August 11th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
i even made a sticky "before posting am I pregnant". The reason it's so annoying is because...How are we supposed to tell you. People know what the different symptoms are andif they think they are preggo then test. That's what I did. I only joined here after finding out I was pregnant.

i did post something similar to that here. It gave a link that was to one of those crappy search engines.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
eiri wrote:
melissa_20 wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

i did post something similar to that here. It gave a link that was to one of those crappy search engines.
well it tells you how you can get pregnant which should stop some girls from asking if they could be.Asking for symptoms is a different story
|

Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
eiri wrote:
melissa_20 wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

well it tells you how you can get pregnant which should stop some girls from asking if they could be.Asking for symptoms is a different story

well some people use the symptoms to see if they are pregnant. In my case, I wanted to know about periods and pregnancy, because i've had two fairly normal periods, but I am still worried. So the fact that the "pregancy symptoms" thread was completely useless prompted me to actually ask my question.
|

Experienced User
laura_friesen wrote:
sorry, but I see the same posts over and over again :p. If you dont know if you're pregnant or not, plz just take a pregnancy test from the drug store, we can not tell u if u are or not, so instead of taking the time to type out a post, go to the store and take a test. And if you dont wana get pregnant go on birth control!! Not trying to be mean or anything but just take a test, or go to the doctors ladies.. Sorry but had to vent...

so agree with you so many ask the same thing are we doctor or a pregnancy test a test will only tell you if you are pregnant or a doctor can a period and pregnancy sings are just about the same..That's how I found out I was pregnant missed af and went and got 2 dollar tree test and got 2 bfp so one that asked the same thing over and or am I pregnant just get a test like we all did..We understand you are hear to asked but there are already sings up saying before you post am I pregnant...

Mary33ww#4 boy
6w6dto go
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....