Well, I just took a test and it came back negative. So....For now, i'm not pregnant.

Do you think I should wait a couple of days before taking another test?

I read the pamphlet that comes with my birth control and it says: if your patch comes off "for more than one day" and you begin a new start date, you .M.U.S.T use contraception.

Of course, I didn't know this and I had sex all this month unprotected.

I know that the whole reason for birth control is to prevent conception if used correctly. I just goofed and now I could be pregnant.

My nerves are sort of settled now that I got a negative result, but it could be a little early. If it doesn't come by tomorrow night, i'm going to test .Friday morning. But if it doesn't come, i'm going to have to call my ob/gyn who is gonna chew me out!!!

I was supposed to start my period yesterday after taking the patch off monday. Why isn't it coming if i'm testing negative?!

Sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
May be too early to test. Just wait a few more days and test again or speak to your doctor.

I've been doing a side effect's search on the patch for you and it doesn't not a missed period as one. However it does stress the importance o9f using condoms for the first week if you have a sunday start as you will not be protected

missed periods

missing a period does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. However, if you miss a period, you may want to consider the likelihood of pregnancy and take a pregnancy test. Pregnancy is more likely if a patch fell off for longer than 24 hours or if you missed a patch change during the cycle. If you are pregnant, discontinue use of the contraceptive patch.

Sunday start: apply your first patch on the first sunday after your menstrual period starts—this will be your "patch change day." you must use backup contraception, such as a condom, spermicide or a diaphragm, for the first week of your first cycle.

The patch works best when it is changed on the same day of the week for three weeks in a row. Pregnancy can happen if an error is made in using the patch — especially if

it becomes loose or falls off for more than 24 hours
the same patch is left on the skin for more than one week

if either of these things happens, follow the directions in your package insert, and call your clinician.

You should wait a few more days and test again. You are at great risk of pregnany it would seem but maybe you are lucky and you aren't

good luck!
|

replied August 10th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ok, well just now I went to the potty and there was a streak of blood. So I think my rag is officially here. Although there's no cramping, I think i'm in the clear.

I switched from a sunday start to a monday start and didn't know I needed back up contraception.

So hopefully, this is my period and i'm not pregnant.

If I don't get a "full on" period by this afternoon (including clots) i'm calling my doctor.

Thanks everyone for yalls replies!! I really appreciate it!!!

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...