Hello,

thanks to anyone that reads this, and thank you for any input. Since february I noticed an odd-shaped lump on the outer side of my left breast. It came around the time of my period and was very sore and moveable. After I was done menstruating it remained, but shrunk in size and was no longer sore. Every month after that it continues to fluctuate in size and pain levels in accordance to my cycles. I had an ultrasound done that revealed absolutely nothing and my doctor did not want to send me for a mammogram as she felt that I was too young to be exposed to them as well as her not feeling that the lump was anything to be worrying about.

At the present moment I have had this lump swollen for longer than usual and very tender to even the slightest of touches. I'm not sure if I should be worrying or what can be done regarding this. It has become more bothersome than anything and I am not sure what to do about it, who to approach, what questions to ask and whether or not I should insist on further investigations.

Thanks again!

-aliera
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper runawaychatter
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Sore Breast Lump
Sorry I should have included some more information:
i am 21 years old, no history of breast cancer in my family, 2 of my uncles have had cancer (maternal and paternal sides). Never been a smoker, don't drink alcohol with the exception of wine here and there and the occasional casual drinks. I have been on alesse for about 2 years and just this past month switched to a higher dose due to breakthrough bleeding. Not sure if that helps but figured it couldn't hurt.
|

replied August 9th, 2006
One more thing, I forgot to mention that I recently found one in the same general area but on the right breast. It's not sore however and not as oddly shaped as the one in the left.
|

replied August 11th, 2006
Hey,

i'm 21 years old too and I discovered a lump in my left breast when I was 19. It did not hurt me, but I could feel it moving around a bit when I touched it, and after several months, it increased in size.

It was a completely benign (non-cancerous) tumor called a fibroid adenoma and I had it removed, no problem. :d

i don't know if this is what you have, but what I am saying is, do not be concerned yet, just go get it checked out again.

Also, there is a great health site I use for my health information called health site guide. There is a whole mini-site on breast cancer that can be accessed from the home page. I suggest giving it a look to see if you can better place your symptons.

Hope this helps. Let me know!
|

replied August 11th, 2006
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad to know that doctors will actually remove them even if they are bening because they truly are becoming bothersome. I am booking an appointment to have them looked at again and maybe then I can inquire about having them surgially removed. Was it a complicated procedure?

Thanks again!
-aliera
|

replied August 14th, 2006
Glad I could be of help.

No, it was not a complicated procedure at all and it left a very small, indistinct scar.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
|

replied August 21st, 2006
Hey,

so I went to see my doctor about it, and again I get the whole it's nothing to be concerned about. Of course concern is not why I returned with the same lumps i've already had investigated...Anyways I just kept being told that nothing could be done about them except maybe try going off the pill or switching to various kinds. However this doesn't make sense to me as low dose pills are actually supposed to help bring these down and I am already on a low dose pill. Regardless, not once did he give me the option of having them surgically removed no matter how much I stressed that they really are hurting me. Heck wearing a bra is painful and not wearing one is even worse sometimes. *shrugs* I suppose i'll just have to deal with it.

Thanks again for all your help!

-aliera
|

replied October 14th, 2011
i am 21 years old, i dont drink any alcoholic beverages, never smoke, and i have a history of breast cancer ( my grand mother died with it). Now i have this lump on my left breast, and it is very visible but it is not that big,it does not move and it is quite darker than my skin tone. sometimes it hurts and sometimes not, i really dont know how to tell my parents about it. so i am just asking, it is possible that i can have breast cancer in young age. i am really really worried. can anyone tell me, not to worry? or just give me an advice plzzz.. plz help me...
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....