Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Today I had an itch and scratched it only for my finger to have a small amount of blood on it. The itch was a few inches above my anus (on my "butt crack" towards the top). It bled a little bit more so I decided to look in the mirror. I found what seems to be a small hole about 1-2 mm in diameter which the blood was coming out of (not a cut or puncture, what seems to be a hole). It is still bleeding very little and the amount of blood is not a lot, but it is constant (a drop or so every minute or two).
Anyone have any idea at all what this could be? If it does not heal, I may see a doctor soon about it but wanted to see if anyone had any advice to offer.

Thanks a lot
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper noname000
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Go see a doctor please :)
|

replied June 30th, 2008
Hey
If you want to know what is going on down there, check this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_sin us
|

replied June 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
wikipedia is not a very reliable source..i would suggest going to the doctor
|

replied July 1st, 2008
I did go see a doctor with the same issue as described above. That is how I knew what to look for at wikipedia. And every other place I have checked out says the same thing, even a site that was created by some one who also has this for others who have this. I am now scheduled for my surgery consultation tomorrow. This thing really sucks, and I have pity for anyone who has to go threw what I and PMI2559 are now going threw!
|
Users who thank noname000 for this post: aussiman 

replied September 11th, 2009
My son just told me that he discovered the same thing. A small hole a coulpe of inche above his anus. What did your doctor say? Why do you need surgery. His is not bleeding and is about the size or a little smaller of a tip of a pencil eraser. He is worried it's cancer but I don't think it is. I think it could be an inverted cyst of some type.
|

replied June 16th, 2012
I think I may and most likely do have this. Im currently on a European tour which involves at least 5+ hours of sitting on a bus nearly every 2 day. About 3 days ago, I felt abit of pain in the area of my coccyx and just thought it was because of the hard seats. The next day I was in extreme pain (hardly able to work,couldn't sit still nor sleep). Yesterday, I had less pain so I decided to check the area out. I found a very small hole at the top of my buttocks (where it starts) and it bled quite a bit. I made sure it stayed clean and always wiped it away.
I doubt it will fully heal by doing this and will need to see a doctor. The things is I won't be back home till 2 months so is it recommended I see a doctor in London (I go there in a few days) or will it be fine until I see my doctor.? Please inbox me any helpful reply, I signed up just for this so might not be back soon enough Wink
|

replied June 22nd, 2012
Small hole in butt crack
I've checked a lot of websites and have read a lot of comments. I have all the same symptoms as the rest if you I just want to know if anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of it Ive had this throbbing pain for three days now and it seems like its not going anywhere someone please help me and tell me what I need to do to get rid of this pain. Thank you
|

replied September 17th, 2017
I have had this going on 6 years. Funny I keep comming back here every time I get a flare up. This is my 3rd major episode. I have had a few small ones that go away pretty quickly. But since the 2nd major time a few years back I have been testing the waters on what may cause these aswell as digging up all the research I can find on them. But not even doctors know this.

Sofar (personal observation/assumption - not medical) What I can tell causes this is 90% lifestyle strain on the tail bone area. 10% dietary and excercise

To break this down (Not sure how much I can type here)

Lifestyle habits affect strain on the tailbone. We are designed to be up walking or lying down. Not sitting for mass ammounts of time in front of TVs. Or Computers.
Sitting down for mass ammounts of time in front of a TV or Computer will cause tailbone strain. Eating a poor diet, Little to no excercise. Causes weight gain. Weight gain causes strain on tailbone while sitting or laying down. For example one Situation I changed, where I had a couch li with 2 arm rests on either end. I would have my Head up on 1 end, and my feet raised on the other. I would be lying down in a "v" type position, where my tailbone was taking all the weight of me lying down that way.

Bad food diet. Causes more visits to bathroom (No.2 specifically) Means more sitting down. Mobile phones and laptops keep us in the bathroom for longer periods than necissary. Means longer strain on the tailbone.
Sitting goes as far as Sitting on park benches for long periods of time. Or concrete. Or anything hard where you forcing your weight on your tailbone.

Then there are some personal habits. Research for pilonidal cysts states in some cases that hairs growing in the wrong directions, back into the skin, may be to blame. I for one can only presume as a lifestyle choice of Stripping for fun (not for work) wearing a Thong, having material wedged between cheeks while sleeping at night, (sincerest apologies for any mental pictures, given the reason we are here, we have worse things on our minds) may cause hairs to grow into skin rather than outwards as the material acts as a wall for hair growth at the backdoor.

Then theres things like jobs. Depending on position or role, you may wear a belt. Having belts compresses your skin,fat into your tailbone. Trying to bend over to pick things yp with a to tight belt can cause pain

In conclusion, I have found that what gives me the most relaxation and most gap between massive flare ups (i take the minor flare ups as a warning im doing wrong). I leave my phone out of the bathroom. So I am only inside for the 2-4mins necissary, Once per day maybe twice. Not 15-20 playing games. I eat healthy so I am not going more than 2x a day. I am losing weight as it is assumed that the obese are affected more than the nots. Used to be 40kg above my weight. Currently at 20kg above

I dont spend so much time infront of TV or laptop. I now have Standing desk for my computers. I stand on public transport if used. Its minor things like these, that for me, if I am naughty and ignore, cause me problems. If I follow them. I have no issues.

Kind Regards
Izzy
|

replied September 17th, 2017
Oh. My First encounter with this: I had 3x Golfball Size Cysts. The flesh part of my tailbone the upper part of my butt canyon was about the size of a adult Fist trying to escape. By pushing out from the tailbone. When i could literally no longer walk with out 2 walking canes (using my arms and shoulder muscles to push my torso up. I decided it was time to have a holiday from work.......(not my idea of holiday)

Gross:
I was on a 2 week course of heavy Antibiotics (they dont really do anything for cysts (but helped me sleep). Began 1 week Prior to being bed ridden. I learnt that Heat helps attract the cyst to surface. Mine managed to break through the skin, causing about a 2mm hard pimple looking object to exit. Not super hot, But a hot bath 2-3x day draws the cyst out. Or showers, I have a mounted shower head only, I rested my forehard on the wall away from the shower head, and angled the shower head to my lower back down to my butt to make it warm.

Eventually the cysts reptured all in the same day. after protruding for a a day, thanks to a bit of advice from the doctors I had a few weeks warning to let my nails grow a bit. I managed to break 2 cysts with my finger nails, (using my mobile and flash to take selfies of my butt to determine what was happening and where these were located. A bit of yanking (a few miss grabs and lost hairs hahaha.) caused a bit of pain. But the release was worth the pain.

A thick multiple folded beach towel under my hip was used to catch the ooze that drained while I was asleep, and half a dozen rolls of tp, used a few squares every so often to clean any weaping. This went on for a bit more than 3 days. And then 4 more days to heal over after stopping.

Id perfer this again than surgery at the moment.

I still have not yet been to surgery. I may determine this step at another date as the 4-8weels recovery bothers me at the moment. But I have a bit of tailbone pain at most 2x a year. When I go through phases of tiredness and spend time on the couch.
|
Quick Reply