Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

7 Months of Ttc. No Luck Yet. Does It Mean I Cant Have Baby?

Ive been ttc since january of 2006. Nothing yet so far. Me and my fiance are trying to have a baby. Sometimes, my period takes longer then when its suppose to come and when I take the pregnancy test, it always comes out negative. And im losing all my hopes now. I dont know what to think!!! Does this mean I cant have kids or what? I really want to be a mother and it would kill me and my b/f to not be able to conceive. Now, im a day late for my period and yea, ive been having mild, really really light cramp-like pain and ive been really emotional and really depress. Im just not going to think that I might be pregnant. Im not going to get my hopes up again. Has anyone had this same experience? Will it get better? Please help! I need some positive advice! :(
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MILKSHAKE
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
It will not kill you not to be able to conceive a child. It will hurt to the very core of your being but not to the point of death. Don't even try to give up until you have been trying at least two years with not results. And most fert. Dr's won't even see you until you have been ttc for at least 12 mths. Trust me I know going on 6 years now.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
A healthy couple can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to conceive a child, sometimes longer. It's all to do with timing, and everything happening at precise moments. The sperm need to be in the correct place at the same time as the egg, and timing for this can be tricky if you're unsure of your ovulation cycle. And even if the egg is fertilized, it might not implant.

Stressing about it will only cause problems. I know it's hard, but try to relax. Sometimes letting nature take its course is more effective. Try to focus on an intimate, loving relationship with your fiance and just try to make love as often as possible. I wouldn't bother with pregnancy tests unless your period is late, as your mind can play tricks on you when you start the "am .I?" game.

I'm sure everything is fine, honey. You're probably fertile as can be! Remember to just have fun with lovemaking, keep it intimate instead of making it a job (which is something conceiving couples have trouble with) and leave the rest up to your body. It knows what to do. My hopes are with you. :)
|

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Try using opks and having sex around the time that you are fertile, seeing that your periods are somewhat irregular, I would think that you are not ovulating when you think that you are, hence not getting pregnant. And just like ayamiyaki said, it can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to get pregnant, because the inner working of getting pregnant is so complex (its not as simple is we all were made to believe in sex ed....The timing as well as other factors are crucial). I myself am on my 7th month trying as well, this month I am using pre-seed because I have never experienced ewcm, wich I think is making it a bit more difficult for me. But keep on trying, after 12 months of trying during your fertile period if nothing happens then you can go and see your doctor.
|

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I also started ttc in january of 06 and have had no luck. My doctor is really good and started helping us with this month. My first step was getting blood work done which ended up showing that my ovulation was off and that I had low horomone levels. Therefore I am now taking clomid and estrogen pills to help me. I also like foxy am trying the pre seed this month and my doc said to also use the tussin to help the mucus for ovualtion since mine was off. Maybe you can talk to your doc and they can help you earlier as did mine. If not then just keep trying differnt things and hopefully it will happen theres more of us out here then what we think that are ttc and have the same thoughts as you but it will happen!
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks...
Thanks for all of your replies. That really calms me down. And if I dont conceive by next year, then I will defenately go to my doctor to see whats wrong. Thank you all for sharing your experiences with me.
|

replied August 14th, 2006
Re: 7 Months of Ttc. No Luck Yet. Does It Mean I Cant Have B
jenny_agradin2006 wrote:
ive been ttc since january of 2006. Nothing yet so far. Me and my fiance are trying to have a baby. Sometimes, my period takes longer then when its suppose to come and when I take the pregnancy test, it always comes out negative. And im losing all my hopes now. I dont know what to think!!! Does this mean I cant have kids or what? I really want to be a mother and it would kill me and my b/f to not be able to conceive. Now, im a day late for my period and yea, ive been having mild, really really light cramp-like pain and ive been really emotional and really depress. Im just not going to think that I might be pregnant. Im not going to get my hopes up again. Has anyone had this same experience? Will it get better? Please help! I need some positive advice! :(

pray...When god is ready for u to have a baby you will.....I was 28 when I had my baby.....I though the same thing...God sent my husband to me....I conceived.... God is able to do any thing.....So if it's god's will for u to have that child u desire than u will have it....Pray on it..... God bles you ...And good luck.....
|

replied August 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks!
Yea, I know. Thats the same thing that my b/f tells me. To pray everyday. I have, but I stoped! But I will again! Thanks alot for ur reply. That really opened up my eyes again. Thanks! :d
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2009
Legziiee
You seem to be having the same problem as me with concieving and with the late periods that seem to be false alarms. It's true that you're body can trick you if you're late and you start thinking you're pregnant. Our bodies are very clever. I tend to get very depressed and emotional at times but i try not to think about it. Me and my fiance have been together 2 years now and we want a baby more than anything! We stopped using contraception months ago, not sure how many but it was quite a long time ago. Still nothing. He thinks he has low sperm count but it could be either one of us. We know that it can take up to a year to concieve with some people so we're just giving it timeand if theres still no sign, we know that we have to go see the doctor. The less you think about it, the more chance it can happen. Too much stress or too much thinking upon it can cause problems and will stop you from concieving. Just like you can miss a period if your stressed. I hope things work out for you. I also hope for myself and my fiance too. All we can do is hope. Its a tricky situation at times. I grit my teeth at these young teenagers these days who have sex for the first time and fall pregnant straight away lol.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...